cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Held up the line today at Sprouts

Welshcar
Deal Ambassador

@Mikosmama That’s horrible! I think I would have just walked out without my coupons 🥺

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Mikosmama: oh, I feel so bad for you! If you would have been in front of me in line, I would have assured you that I often am the person triggering similar experiences. 

Since it is a technical glitch somewhere in the system,  stores should have a  backup plan to serve their OTHER customers rather than leaving the coupon enthusiasts to bear the brunt.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

Lol, @Welshcar , that’s what I thought thinking back on it. But at the moment, I was not processing it very well. I was thinking “hey, those are mine.” 😆 and I couldn’t print anymore because it only allowed 2 prints. I was also worried that they would think I was trying to do something wrong by walking away. But at the end of it all, if you would ask me if I would pay$2 to NOT have to deal with that situation, I would wholeheartedly say yes. I just felt so uneasy I didn’t know what to do at that point.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt: Lucky you....simply scan your barcode and DCs automatically come off. Imagine that!! Wish the rest of us mere mortals could consistently have such an uncomplicated experience....especially at Sprouts!

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot , thank you. 💕 That is exactly why I give a reassuring smile to others when I see that happening. As if to say, “I understand. It’s not your fault. I will be patient.” 
I agree, stores should have a plan in place to serve all their customers when there are issues at the register. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama 

Oh I have been there.  Wait!  Hey, what are you doing with my coupons?  Oh, okay.   I wasn;t sure.

lol   

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@What-Shot it's actually THAT SIMPLE as I've described, though granted, the last 2 times I went to Sprouts - and in 2 different locations to boot - the in-store wifi was j@¢k€∆ up, I couldn't get to either the Sprouts website or Ibotta so I couldn't get my personal account barcode. The 2nd time I screenshot the barcode, either from Ibotta or the website, the barcode screenshot didn't scan

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

Misery loves Company. Isn't this community a safe & sweet place to get the moral support couponners  need?

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt: Altho My Sprouts DCs don't always trigger without A glitch, I am able enter a phone number in lieu of scanning account barcode if I choose.  I do need to request cashier to activate the link on the pay screen since it does not come up automatically. Even that basic request seems to be a tutorial to some cashiers.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

Wrote a long post about my Sprouts freebie purchase and it disappeared. So want to say: this is a good place to vent. You did nothing wrong; he might have been having a bad day. Glad this is a safe place to whine, gripe, or anything! I feel like we have each other's backs.