cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Ibotta paid me too much?

SaverGirl67

So I bought 2 bags of Elizabeth granola at Sprouts and I think I was supposed to get $3 back ($1,50 each) but I just checked my credit and it’s for $7.50!  But the offer is gone now and I can’t check it - so #1 how do I know how much I was supposed to get (maybe I’m remembering this wrong) #2 how do I fix this if it is wrong?  Any advice would be helpful

49C13897-5F17-4C3E-8900-0CDB56CD269A.png

8 Replies

Re: I think Ibotta paid me too much?

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Deal Expert

My Purely Elizabeth Granola offer is $1.50 limit 5.  It looks like they gave you credit for 5.  You can submit a ticket to tell them what happened.  They may even let you keep the extra cash for being honest.

kingnelly84
Shopper

Its nice that your being honest but I would just keep the money and not say anything.

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@kingnelly84   Lol. No! 😂

@Be-Bop-A-Lula   Thanks. I submitted a ticket. I’ll let you know how it works out. 

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@Be-Bop-A-Lula   Well you were right!  They thanked me for reporting it and told me I could keep the overpayment. 😎. Probably too much trouble to take it back - but it’s a good feeling knowing it won’t be an issue in the future. 

san0
Deal Sharer

@SaverGirl67 

Did you submit a Sprouts receipt or linked your Sprouts store account?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

Check the email they send you.  The details include how many offers and the total.

So your email likely said $7.50 for the product with an X5 next to the product name.

I have had this happen a handful of times.   They have also always told me 'thanks for your honesty and keep the money', but one time it was a big mess.  I should have gotten $7, but they paid me $10.  I notified them, and when they reworked the ticket, they reduced my total amount to $5.   Then I had to continue the ticket.  After about 3 weeks it got resolved.   (i.e.  no good deed goes unpunished)

Glad you got it resolved without issue.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

SaverGirl67

@san0  I submitted the receipt and scanned the 2 items

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Deal Expert

@SaverGirl67  Thank you for sharing your good news  It’s so nice to see good behavior rewarded.