cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta/KrazyCouponLady: Offer Stacking 2 Brand Name Offers for Same Item

MB2
Deal Sharer

I've noticed the past several months that KrazyCouponLady, one of the main couponing sites, has been periodically posting Ibotta deals that stack two brand name offers for the same item (I'm not referring to 'any item' offers which is allowed).  They currently have one up on their site for Bai.  Even though people point out in the comments that this is against Ibotta's policy, they still do it.  From Ibotta's site: You can stack an any brand offer with a brand name offer but you cannot stack two brand name offers on the same product (unless you purchase enough products to satisfy each offer individually).  KCL is usually pretty conscientious about trying to do the 'right' thing.  Not sure if someone new is working there, but there been a marked change around them doing this.

13 Replies

Re: Ibotta/KrazyCouponLady: Offer Stacking 2 Brand Name Offers for Same Item

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MB2    Lara had talked about this in the past and many other sites and A LOT of IG users talk about coupon and Ibotta "glitches" which is a big no-no.    I know this was happening on a brand of pasta, and although I de-selected the offer, I was credited for both.  I pointed this out to Lara as well. It is up to the moderators on other sites to be as transparent as possible that is not intended and can lock your account. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@MB2 

That is sad.  Not sure @LaraL  can do much about it, but she needs to make sure ibotta is aware that KCL is posting such deals..  KCL has an obligation to vet deals to ensure they aren't exploiting such double dips.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

@Rickibotta 

I agree.

What is sad is that I believe KCL also gets kickbacks for promoting Ibotta.  I have seen deals where if you use their referral code, you get additional cash back.  I am sure KCL gets something, too.

0 Likes

Lollykins
Core Shopper

The sad thing is that the two offers on Ibotta are mutually exclusive, and KCL didn't read the fine print to know that.  One includes ONLY strawberry kiwi flavor, and the other specifically excludes strawberry kiwi.  So you couldn't use both on the same bottle, even if you wanted to be naughty and "cheat".

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

I have noticed that some of the KCL deals don’t work, so I take them with a grain of salt these days.

0 Likes

Skim
Saver

I’m on the KCL website at least 3-4 times a week.  When you read the comments under most articles like ‘the secret to shopping at /400 secret tips at ..’ blah blah blah’ articles, you will find commenters (a few are store employees) who state that some/most of the  the list simply isn’t true.  
I also noticed a few years back that a good number of stores don’t get updated at all anymore. The few core stores that KCL do tend to focus on, well, the coupon deals are often not accurate. 
I mainly focus on Kohl’s and Amazon and that’s just purely out of habit. 

Thank you for the heads-up.  

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

Honestly, it was only recently when I learned it HERE in this community that it is against ibotta terms to use 2 separate ibotta brand-offers for one item. I had never read it before.

I don't know that this matter had been included in their TOS prior to the recent surge of interest in this matter. 

I do know that recently it has been communicated to us here, but has it been added to ibotta's TOS? If it is, when did it get added?

I ask those questions because I wonder if the issue with KCL's post is simply a matter that KCL did "not get the memo"?  

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@What-Shot   I didn't know about it either, until I joined a FB group, oh gosh, 4 or 5 years ago at least.  IDK if it's in the TOS, but it's in the FAQ section.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@MelissaR: Glad to know it's in ibotta's FAQ section. Do you know if that was a recent update? or if it was always there? 

Before LaraL joined us here in this community, I recall an occasion when there were a host of Core Bar offers at Walmart, and without even trying to glitch, we could purchase one Core Bar at WM and it would auto-match 2-3 offers. Many of us were were elevated to Money Maker Heaven! I don't recall anyone suggesting that it was a "no-no" (to quote @FelskyNY'.). But, of course, since that time, anyone following this community would have access to that info. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes