cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ibotta/KrazyCouponLady: Offer Stacking 2 Brand Name Offers for Same Item

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot   I don't have time to find the actual conversation where we discuss this, but generally speaking 1 Ibotta plus ANY is allowed.  Stacking more than 1 Ibotta offer is against the guidelines and is considered a GLITCH - We are supposed to catch it and correct it.  With that being said, sometimes it happens anyway.  If a person is purposely doing this and promoting it, it is against the rules and can cause your account to be locked.   Admittedly, many of us may have done this BEFORE we were informed this WAS NOT ALLOWED.

This was discussed by Lara somewhere, but it would honestly take me forever to find it.  

What-Shot
Super Saver

@FelskyNY: Yep! I remember that. My point was that I was curious when this was actually added to ibotta's FAQs.  But I'm glad to know it's there now. I'm guessing it is a new addition to the FAQs (which prompted me to wonder if KCL has kept abreast of the updates rather than intentionally violating policy). 

I tagged you in my previous comment because I wanted to give credit where credit was due when I quoted you saying it was a "no-no."  

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

MB2
Deal Sharer

@What-Shot @FelskyNY 

It's been in the FAQs for at least this year since KCL has been posting deals like that for at least that long and commenters have been pointing out it's not allowed per Ibotta FAQs, etc.  I've seen it in Ibotta's FAQs for at least that long (since that was what was referred to KCL so they would know).  It's not specifically in the Terms of Use at least as far as I see (which is probably more high-level).

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MB2 

Agreed,  Details like this are NEVER in TOS.   That is not the purpose of TOS.   You always trust the FAQs or 'rules' if you are fortunate enough to find them.  I am fairly certain this was mentioned in the FB group at least a few years ago, and I know I noticed it elsewhere (either KCL or KK perhaps) where it was discussed.)    Regardless whether any of us knew this was allowed, big deal posting sites should know this for sure; legalities are sort of important.

In this particular situation, the two deals would not stack since they were mutually exclusive.  One was strawberry kiwi and one for all but.   But in my opinion this should not have been posted by KCL.  I believe they have an obligation to vet their deals, especially if they are earning click-thru streams of revenue, and I assume they are.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes