cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Is it always best to use the in app pay feature? At Walmart for example?

ManchVegas
Shopper

Lol. I found the solution. You have to print a hard copy of the Walmart receipt then scan it. My account was credited in 5 seconds. I had to google: Print Walmart receipt. I just followed the steps and it worked.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@ManchVegas  Generally speaking - a receipt YOU print should not be accepted.  An original should from the store should be used to submit to Ibotta

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

ManchVegas
Shopper

Lol. I know. I did a smarmy thing. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@ManchVegas @FelskyNY 

I have never needed to do this for ibotta, so I don't know how picky they are, but with Swagbucks, I couldn't get them to accept any of the below reprint options.  The original receipt was extremely faded.  I had to open a ticket and explain to them and then send the original to get paid.

1) I copied the receipt, but darkened a bit.  I then cut it, and pretty straight I might add, but that did not work..  I really don't understand this one.

2) Online order lookup:  Entered date, type of card,  last 4 of card, receipt total.   Did a reprint there.   The header of the recept was a bit different and so was the bottom.  If you just need a copy for yourself, this is the one.  It is beautiful.

3)  Customer Service reprint.   This was the stupidest.  It prints but says at the top NOT A RECEIPT..  I think  you know how this one went.  

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

ManchVegas
Shopper

Yes. I love the seamless nature of being able to pay in app with Ibotta. It's a game changer for me. But it must have the same level of functionality as traditional payment methods. I won't sacrifice convenience over savings.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean
Deal Ambassador

@ManchVegas @FelskyNY @Rickibotta  I'm wondering if you can use online receipts displayed to scan to Ibotta. On Walmart.com and the Walmart app, it's possible to display the TC# through Purchase History Details. On the Walmart app, a receipt can be displayed. Is it possible to use those TC#s displayed since Ibotta only needs that to submit your purchase?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I have done this.  YMMV

But anything requiring a whole receipt did NOT for any other rebate place that I can remember

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

ManchVegas
Shopper

Yes. That's what I actually did. I forgot. It wouldn't take a scan so I ended up entering the TC. Lol. Sorry. I didn't mean to give out false information. So you're correct. I didn't need to print it out at all.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I can't ever get the WM app to scan my TC# from my recept.  I always have to manually enter it..  That seems stupid.

0 Likes