cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger Cash Back & Chat Paste Issues

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Issue #1:  Offers Not getting Pulled

Last 4  purchases that earned KCB did not result in the offers getting pulled.

The most recent was today:  Honey Stinger Waffles  & Orbit Gum.

Happening to anyone else?

Issue #2:  Duplicate Offers

I notice that both products have two offers each which is odd, but it seems like it should have pulled one offer for each.  Maybe I need to remove one offer so the other gets pulled?   Usually when two 'coupons' exist, it satisfies one.

Rickibotta_0-1655501183391.png

Issue #3:  Chat Paste Issues

I always type up my 'request' before I enter the chat session, and then I paste it after they join.  Today, it was not working.   I had to paste perhaps only 40 characters at a time or something..  So it was sort of a pain.  Anyone else experience this?  @Eyegottaibotta 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
21 Replies

Re: Kroger Cash Back & Chat Paste Issues

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta I wish I could shed some light on your issues, but I haven't completed any KCB offers in the last month. I haven't done a chat during the last few months, so I can't help you there either. The last time I was missing cash back for the Orgain shakes, I contacted support using the link on the website. I included the receipt number, eligible item and the dollar amount of the missing cash back. They sent the money to my shopper's card within 48 hours.  Sorry to hear that you are having issues and hope you get them worked out. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Eyegottaibotta 

Yeah, but you paste the query to them, right?   Or do you type it all in when you are in the chat?

For example, I typed the below all up before I entered chat to speed up the chat experience.   (I have done similar before on numerous occasions and never had a problem)

====================

I am owed a total of $2.75 for Kroger Cash Back (KCB) for purchases made earlier today for Honey Stinger Waffles ($1.50 WYB3)  <and>  Orbit Gum $1.25 (25¢X5).  The Orbit offer is 25¢ each and I purchased the maximum of 5.   Typically, when I purchase eligible KCB items, the offer promptly disappears (gets pulled) from my available KCB offers while it's processing, and it then credits within 48 hours.  However, this time the offer did NOT disappear, which means my cashback rebate credit is NOT in process and my KCB will not be issued the normal way.  Please credit my shopper's card for the missing $2.75, along with any additional amount (if any) you deem appropriate for the inconvenience. Thank you in advance for your time today.

====================

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta I use that same script when I send an email to CS but not during chat sessions.  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict. Cam you kindly see my earlier posts in this thread?  I meant to summon you earlier but tagged wrong person.  Interested in your thoughts, especially with chat paste issue

0 Likes

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

I did Kroger chat a bit ago for the ZENWTR rebate. I had no "copy & paste" issue. Sorry I cannot be of any help on this. I always do it from the website link on my computer.

But speaking of kroger website issues....I have a different one that maybe you can help me with: I never log out of the Kroger website, but whenever I return to the same I need to log-in again in order to clip any DCs. This has been happening for the past couple of months on all of my devices and multiple browsers. It states: You are still logged in, so you can logoff if you want a fresh start. Whether or not I logout,, each time I return I need to login again. GRRRR!

0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

I have been having a problem with kcb offers not working. I haven't used the chat option as I just call cs. I always wait 7 days before contacting since I was rudely told that they wouldn't help me until the 7 days pass. 

My last call was to get credit for the ultimate chocolate oreos. I had screenshotted the offer that disappeared before the 7 day waiting period (expired not processing). The rep grudgingly said she was giving me a $2 store credit (I asked for $1). I bought something Thursday and there was no credit there! Now I have to call again! Their customer service is so hit or miss quality-wise.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict 

I am asking if you type in your request' or do you paste it?  Because your example you supplied of a sample request in another thread was several hundred characters.   I also do my requests from my PC browser, but this time it didn't seem to allow me to paste perhaps 100 characters into the chat.  It kept disappering, so I had to paste like 50 characters at a time.

I have not encountered the log-in issue you mention.  I have the following 8 Chrome sessions active all the time.

1. Mobile app
  2. Mobile - web browser
  3. Desktop - website (general search).  This is the only way to know if an item is B5S5 or not.
  4. Desktop - active KCB offers
  5. Desktop - clipped DQs
  6. Desktop - all KCB offers
  7. Desktop - all DQs.  
  8. Desktop - weekly ad in PDF format

Sometimes there is confusion regarding the specific store due to all the competing sessions, but I don't have your issue.   On occasion,, depending on the source location, if I click CLIP COUPON (or similar), I have to log in before it lets me clip it  I have never seen a message similar to 'You are still logged in, so you can logoff if you want a fresh start. ' I use Chrome for all websites on both mobile as well as desktop and I am android.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TXbelle 

I have typically done as you have until the last month or two.  The last 3 times, I used the chat and each session lasted only a few minutes once the agent joined the chat.   See my earlier entry in this thread where I include the whole message I sent them.   Tailor it to your tastes and needs.   If the offer doesn't get pulled (offer disappears),  don't wait a week.  This last time I did it a few hours after my shopping trip.

I also used the chat for an issue with fuel points and did not receive what I considered a satisfactory resolution, so I then called them up and talked to a real person.   So, if the chat for missing KCB did not get resolved, I would still then call them up.

0 Likes

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Sorry my response was not clear. Yes, whenever do kroger chat (as was the case yesterday) I always edit my master script in a word document, then copy & paste into the chat box.  I have never had the issue you described. 

If I would have such an experience, I would start by rebooting (which I assume you already did).

0 Likes