cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger Cash Back Problems

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

It seems every time I use the Cash Back feature at Ralph's (Kroger family store) I don't get paid for all the offers I have redeemed. Is there a way to check and see what items were paid? (other than checking to see if they have disappeared from available offers) I don't see it in the app or on the website and when I call customer service, none of the reps seem to know what the Cash Back program is, they tell me to go talk to the store manager. I just got off the phone with a rep and she credited me with the amount I didn't get paid with an additional $1 for the inconvenience, but it is so frustrating to try and reach someone who can help. I asked her to pass on the issue ad recommend that they update the program to show the redeemed products, like Ibotta 😉

20 Replies

Re: Kroger Cash Back Problems

jlhersback
Saver

I have had the same problem and received the same feedback from customer service. One told me the program was going away and no one else seemed to know what it was. I haven’t been able to find any transaction history. I can only see my total cash back in the savings area of the app. I try to keep track of what I expect and it sometimes takes a long time for the money to appear in my account. 

6D341413-B239-4DA7-9632-19A47721B53D.png

SoCalHal
Rewards Guide

I’ve officially been credited $0.00 for the two offers I “clipped” early April or late March. They were only about ~$0.25 each, so I haven’t been motivated to investigate how to “submit a ticket” (or the equivalent over there), and kinda hoped it would just resolve itself. That’s looking less likely as the weeks pass. 

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

UPDATE I just got off the phone with someone from the corporate office. She didn't say anything about the program going away, but she did say she would forward my suggestion to the Cash Back team for a verification page to be added. I looked a the FAQ's for cash back and it is just a hot mess, lol.......

Q. What happens if my Cash Back Offer does not apply when I purchase my product at the store?

A. Occasionally this may happen for a variety of reasons. If you notice this while you are at the register, please ask the cashier for assistance. Or, contact our Customer Care Center.

OMG! It doesn't show up on the receipt! And the cashiers have no idea what this program is, lol. This just shows they haven't figured out how to properly administer this program. They need to learn from Ibotta's example.

Sorensoj
Saver

The Pick n Save and Metro Markets in the Midwest are Kroger stores.  This is a common trend with Kroger in this area.  Cash back=money saved using digital and clipped coupons, correct?  Sale prices for some items always ring up at regular price while digital coupons for many items never work. It varies from week to week and many people are at the service desk directly after shopping, trying to get their cash back.  It’s impossible to watch the cashier because they are ringing items while I’m still emptying the cart onto the belt.  I rarely go there anymore because of the ongoing issues with transparent pricing practices.  

Mikosmama
Core Shopper

@Welshcar , you can’t see your redeemed offers from the app unfortunately. However, if you go to the website and go to your savings section of your account there is a section that should show you your recent redeemed offers. Other people have found this helpful. For me, it doesn’t seem to work as it never actually loads once I hit that link. However, it wouldn’t hurt to try and see if it shows up for you. I have started taking screenshots of each offer I redeem and check my balance 2 days later to see if everything showed up. It always takes at least 2 days for it to show up in my account but so far every offer I have tried redeeming has been accounted for. For those asking, Kroger cash back is different than their digital coupons. The digital coupons are taken off when your items are scanned or totaled during the transaction. The cash back shows up in your account later on and you can either add it to your shoppers card so that amount is taken off your next transaction at the store or after you reach $20 you can transfer to PayPal. 

OBSHOP
Rewards Advocate

@Sorensoj 

You are correct "it's impossible to watch the cashiers"  what I do is keep my items separated so they are scanned together according to how I'm paying for them.  As to date I have not encountered any issues with Kroger's cash back however I wasn't aware of discontinuing program.  

Ready, Set, Shop

TXbelle
Core Shopper

It's been a few weeks since I shopped Kroger but I have the Kroger app and go through the digital coupons and the cash back regularly. If there is a coupon and a cash back for the same item, only one will count. I have called their customer service twice for missing items. I guess I got friendlier agents because the first time they gave me the missing credit and $5. Second time, he just gave me $10. It's annoying but I note on the receipt exactly what each cash back should be. I have noticed that sometimes after you check the cash back item when the new ads come out, the items may get unchecked for no reason. Kroger is still beta testing this program, I think.

RCKCreatEnt
Super Saver

Screenshot_20210420-212544.png

Screenshot_20210420-212528.png

Screenshot_20210420-212505.png

Whether on the app or the website, the Kroger cash back feature doesn't offer any all-time historic tally of every cash back deal you completed

However, if you click the Loaded (i.e., claimed) Deals column and scroll all the way to the end you would see any # of deals that may still be ongoing but not for you because you used it up 

Screenshot_20210420-221458.png

Not to brag, but for the last 10 days to 2 weeks straight I've bought AT LEAST one item for which I claimed Kroger cash back and I always try to pick at least 1 item that can bring a double play stack (only Ibotta thus far) or better. Consequently every 1-2 days I noticed my available cash back from Kroger increase

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Mikosmama The offers redeemed, on my website, only show the digital coupons redeemed. That's my  point, that they need to also have a page that shows Cash Back offers redeemed. I have also taken screen shots and checked a few days later, there is almost always at least one offer missing, and I know I purchased the correct item. Last time, I bought Chobani probiotic drink, there is only one size, so that wasn't an issue. The offer was for an FAO, $3.79 and I didn't get the credit. It shouldn't be that difficult. They just haven't administered the program well. Every other retailer or savings apps seem to get it right.