cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger shoppers… learn from my mistake!

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

Found out the hard way that a Kroger digital SC for a certain amount off your total order (10.00 off 50.00 is what I used) will not be allowed with any offer that says “offer not eligible with other coupons and/or promo codes”. I thought that just meant you could not use a Heinz coupon.   But the help section has been updated once again and now includes any digital reward.   

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/7619049005586-Can-I-use-coupons-or-other-promotions-with-I...

10 Replies

Re: Kroger shoppers… learn from my mistake!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TBIRDMOM96 

That just doesn't really sound right to me.  I'm surprised ibotta did not pay for combining with an SQ..

Can you provide a pic of the receipt, cropping out any personal info?

Also, what exactly did ibotta say as to why they rejected the redemption?

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

@Rickibotta 

2CD65B2F-997B-4CCC-AC01-254D48AE649F.jpeg

The digital reward is at the very bottom and the Heinz is about mid receipt.   No Heinz coupon was used, it was on sale for 3.99 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TBIRDMOM96 

Thanks for the details.

1)  Are you saying they have already reversed ibotta rebates?  If so, did all rebates get reversed?   

2) Was the Heinz the only ibotta rebate you redeemed?  

3) Can you just clarify how much your initially were told you would get ibotta rebate?   How much was given?  How much was reversed?

Your receipt shows up the same as my Kroger with the price paid flush right, with all other discounts and coupons to the left.  Others have coupon discounts flush right as well lined up with the pre-discount price (.e.g.  would show $1.99 for the milk and 70¢ ecpn amount below it.  That is how my receipts also used to look before they were reworked a while back..

Sorry to have so many questions, but I am trying to wrap my head around any Kroger changes with the new ibotta verbiage.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

@Rickibotta

I had 12 rebates, the Heinz was the only one with the no coupon/promo code verbiage.    The reversal only affected the Heinz rebate because it was the only one with verbiage. My mid week bonus of 5.00 was also reversed because with the Heinz reversal It dropped me below.     I’m just trying to get my bearings with all the changes and I want to make sure I’m doing it correctly, that’s why I reached out to ibotta and just wanted to give the heads up about the inclusion of digital rewards to those who may not know or fully understand (like me…lol)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TBIRDMOM96 

This does not seem right.

Did it go to  pend?  Or did they flat out reverse after they had paid in full?

And you had not opened a ticket or anything to start this whole mess, right?

Seems the only way they would identify this threshold coupon would be if it went thru a manual review.  I don't like the fact that they are punishing you for combining with a SQ that comes out of the pocket of the grocer.

How much are you out altogether due to this issue?  Maybe it is worth opening a ticket.  Worst they can do is say no.  Plead ignorance and ask for a one-time courtesy credit for the amount of the ibotta rebate and lost bonus.

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

@Rickibotta 

I opened ticket because it was my mistake.  Total of 6 dollars reversed.    I’m not going to pursue it any further, I just wanted to give a heads up about the verbiage change and that store SC is included in digital rewards.  

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@TBIRDMOM96 The way this reads to me has absolutely nothing to do with the $10 off of $50 coupon you used at Kroger:

"Digital rewards are just another way to think about cash back! Digital rewards provide cash back as either a fixed amount for an item or a percentage of your total purchase. Ibotta provides Savers with digital rewards through Ibotta properties (like the Ibotta app, website, and browser extension) and through exclusive retailer partnerships (like the Walmart Rewards program)."

This refers specifically to "cashback". The Kroger coupon was NOT cashback. I think there is still so much confusion that the response you received was generic. I'm not telling you what to do of course, but I would absolutely respond back politely and let them know you are owed the amount reversed. That what you were told does not match up to the "rules" as they are written. You do what you're comfortable with but your rebates should not have been reversed in my opinion.

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@TBIRDMOM96 The system may have mistook the sale “SC” line as a coupon. 

I had that issue with coupons.com recently due to the way Shoprite receipts reflect sale prices. I resubmitted my receipt including a screenshot of the sale price from the store app, and was soon after credited.

0 Likes