cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Kroger: Undercover Snacks - 51¢ MM (limit 1) ibotta / KCB

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

Again I am just going off of what Katie has said.  She communicates with Kroger corporate on a regular basis, and all the deals she posts on her site account for if a DQ is used or if KCB is used.   Based on the fact Kroger corporate has told her this on numerous occasions, and the fact the Kroger FAQs specifically say they can't be combined, and based on my experience of numerous KCBs being rejected when stacking, and when I called to inquire about why I didn't get credit, and then they invariably said you did not get credit because you combined with a DQ and you can't use both.  

https://www.kroger.com/hc/help/faqs/ways-to-save/cash-back

On left side, under WAYS TO SAVE...............CASH BACK

third section down towards the bottom .......CASH BACK RULES

These are the rules.   Rules are always more specific than TERMS AND CONDITIONS/ 

The rules are the nitty gritty.  It clearly says there it is disallowed.

All this being said, you raise an interesting point regarding stacking with C51 and SB that I need to consider as well.

I am not trying to compare ethics or to judge.  My point is not to tell you or anyone else that it is ethically wrong to use KCB with DQs.  I am merely pointing out that Kroger corporate and their FAQs state it is not allowed, and as such, the KCB may be disallowed,.   I have lost out on $27.25 of KCBs all because a DQ had been used..  (Everytime there is a variance between what is expected and what I am given, I always note the reason so I have records giong back to 2019.)

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta ah FINALLY found these rascally boogers! Probably first shipments to the Atlanta area. Also found GFB Bites for the first time in the CheckOut51-Swagbucks McSTACKsky era! 

Same group of snacks as what you showed me in your photo and same aisle with snack nuts and plastic-cartoned nuts, banana chips, trail mixes, etc., but opposite shelves 

Also, there's popcorn between the snack group in question and jerky/sausage sticks but I'll bet arrangements vary from store to store in the Atlanta area too

THANXABUNCH for your help!

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta I scored oodles and doodles of CheckOut51/Swagbucks McSTACKsky's. Most notably I stopped counting how many I got with GT's orange peach mango kefir (Trader Joe's exclusive). Regrettably, though, CheckOut51 yanked it rather prematurely after this past Monday - killed my last chance for a single offer Fab Five (5 McSTACKsky's in the same CheckOut51 offer period [12a Thursday to 1159p the following Wednesday]), no particular prize for that, BUT STILL...

Anyway, the CheckOut51/Swagbucks McSTACKsky's do look like bobsy twins, almost like they were conceived in a Vulcan mind meld, but it's most likely just sheer coincidence, and to my knowledge the 2 apps are not affiliated

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@What-Shot I've seen this for 1-2 months but ONLY NOW - FINALLY! - I'll get to take advantage of it 

Aw 'scuse me! I thought you were showing the KCB deal, but anyway I scrolled and scoured my coupons and found it's there for me  

If it rocks enough for me to get it with just Ibotta cash back, I'll clip it after I get my first Ibotta-Kroger McSTACKsky and use it the next 5 days

What-Shot
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt: Great! Happy for you! In my experience both ibotta & KCB have been refreshing this Undercover (at same value) a few times already. Enjoy!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@What-Shot McSTACKsky's are Da 🧨 and The 💩! I got lots of the Ibotta-Kroger kind, just thrilled to death to find KCB back in this past February

Titanpinay
Deal Sharer

Was able to get this deal today. Thanks for the tip! I did stack the DQ so we will see if I get the KCB. My undercover was more at 3.99 (Cali prices for you)… 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Wow.  These were really really good.  I got the milk chocolate.  But 8 little snacks left me a bit underwhelmed, and I couldn't imagine paying $4 for them

Obviously I am not the target audience for these.  I am not that guy that pays extra for healthy.  Perhaps I will die sooner than I could have otherwise, and I am completely fine with that.  When I did Keto for a year to take off the 80 pounds that I have kept off for 3 years, and quit smoking in the process cold turkey, I did not do the expensive snacks or drinks.  I simply did without all my favorite carbs..  These are not keto-friendly obviously but they don't need to be.  That is not their lane.  

I am as cheap as the day is long, so I would personally only pay $1 for a package of Undercover snacks occasionally, or buy more if lower price.    For the most part, I will just stick with Little Debbie Star Crunch which of course tastes completely amazing....lol

For those of you who do pay premium for healthy, organic, vegan. cage-free, etc, the undercover snacks are very good, but not as good as my Star Crunches.  😀

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

IMG_20210627_183129_955.jpg

IMG_20210627_183125_383.jpg

Yesterday I went to a different Kroger (to get my last 3 offers to drop the 🔨 for my last 2WB [15/$5]) from the one I went to Saturday where I finally bagged the ever elusive Undercover. 

The other half of the super-shelf is candy, and the opposite super shelf is fire logs, charcoal, Rubbermaid and Ziploc hard plastic containers, napkins, and disposable bowls, plates and flatware

Merry
Saver

wish I had a kroger store by me.