cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for mattress recommendations.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

We really need an "OFF TOPIC" category.    Anyone buy a new bed recently?  I bought one for my son a few months ago from overstock and a headboard from amazon, but I'm looking for a quick purchase of a mattress/box spring and frame - inexpensive (but not a piece of garbage) for my mom's aide to sleep on.

I've heard good things about Bobs Discount (I know that is NE specific).  And if there are any deals on other apps, please let me know.  No need to leave your referral codes, as I belong to most of the rebate sites. Just no time to really look on my own.

thanks guys! 

10 Replies

Re: Looking for mattress recommendations.

What-Shot
Super Saver

What?!?!?!
Blasting our referral code(s) is banned on this post?!?!?! 

Seriously tho, I hope you can find something suitable. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot  ha ha ha.  The hospital bed is being taken out on Tuesday and right now she's sleeping on a pull out sofa and if she's going to deal w/ my mom, she needs a good night sleep LOL. 

megla
Core Shopper

PMing you

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@FelskyNY Zinus  has everything you need! You can buy on Amazon 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@FelskyNY  Another idea air mattress or rollout bed

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  Thanks - funny my son's bed frame is Zinus and we love it and the price was right.  I hope to get it done and ordered by the weekend.  Hospital bed will be picked up Tues, making room for a new bed.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I know @Icequeen813 mentioned an air mattress, but the best bed I ever had was a q u e e n size mattress that I bought from walmart.com for under $100.  The brand name was Intex and it was 24 inches tall, so it was like getting out of a regular bed each morning.  It had a built in pump.  It was cool during the summer months.  I watched TV on it at night.  Never had a problem with it, but bought the protection plan, just in case.

Unfortunately, when I came back from California last year, it wouldn't fit in my suitcase!

I just checked Walmart.com, but that size appears to be out of stock.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  Thank you for your input as well.   Wow - you guys are all great!  Because the aide will be a live in, I want to get a full bed (given the constraints of the room).

@ScottyS  please review Q U E E N from your list of bleepable offences.  We all promise to use it with only the most respectful of instances. 

0 Likes

eyekim
Deal Sharer

A good night of sleep is too important to buy a cheap mattress, in my opinion. I bought myself a Tuft&Needle mattress 3 years ago. Its less expensive than other similar mattress. Its very comfortable. Not too soft nor too firm. Both kids ended of asking for this mattress too. I recently bought one for my dog too but shes still sleeping on the foot of my bed. 

0 Likes