Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

Thank youThank you

9 Replies

Re: Memorial Day

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

Hi @Be-Bop-A-Lula 

I agonized a little over whether I should post this, because your sentiment is heart felt. 
Memorial Day is solely a day to remember those service members who have lost their lives defending our country. 
Veterans Day is to honor all who have served. 
I think a lot of Americans get these holidays mixed up. 
I’m a Navy Veteran so I felt compelled to point out the differences. I appreciate when people show their appreciation. Thank you. 😊

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Welshcar 

Agreed.

(I also know there was no disrespect intended, but images such as this do confuse the two for those who don't know)

Trust me that those of us who have lost loved ones tend to know the difference

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

Thank you @Rickibotta  for your understanding. 

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

My apologies to anyone I offended with my post.  I meant no disrespect.  Memorial Day is certainly to honor those who have died in service.  Personally, I believe every day is appropriate to thank all those who served and take every opportunity to do so.  I have seen how much it means to some to be thanked for their service, particularly Vietnam Veterans who did not always receive the respect they deserve.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Be-Bop-A-Lula 

I will somewhat respectfully disagree with you on this one.  

The words in the picture in some respects diminish the message of the day.   

We have but one day per annum that is dedicated to the ultimate sacrifice.

I am sorry but your somewhat doubling down on this has triggered me a bit.

( The first two sentences of your response were great and sufficient)

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@Rickibotta I’m sorry, I was not trying to escalate the situation or double down.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Be-Bop-A-Lula 

I believe in my heart of hearts there was no intention of any kind on your part.  

We each have said what we have said, and I am good

I realize it was the best of intentions.   no worries

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  That’s exactly why I was hesitant to post. I am absolutely not offended in any way. I just felt it is important to know the difference. 
l am grateful to you and others who express their appreciation. 
I know vets appreciate the recognition and respect you are showing. I know I do 😊

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@Be-Bop-A-Lula 

As a 20 year Army combat Veteran, I appreciate your message as it is and before the sun sets on this great day I would like to ask all the great Ibotta users to take a minute for silence to remember our fallen family members, loved ones,  and comrades for making the ultimate sacrifice.  HURRAH!!! 

Paying full price is optional