cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM Burts bees kids toothpaste and $2.85 Axe Deodorant HEB

Hgreenia
Deal Sharer

Burts bees toothpaste can be MM at any store that provides manufacturer coupons on app and is sponsored by the -$2 deal in ibotta. CVS has b1g 1/2 off but they were out when I was there. 

Burts bees kids toothpaste: $3.54-2 in heb app - 2 IB = .46 MM

Axe deodorant: 5.18 each, ×3 =15.54 - $4/$12 purchase coupon (the yellow printed coupons in store) -$3 IB = 8.54 OR 2.85 each. I have to constantly buy men's deodorant so this is a good deal for me. 

7 Replies

Re: MM Burts bees kids toothpaste and $2.85 Axe Deodorant HEB

swallow
Core Shopper

The HEB DQ seems only attached to the adult TP, but not the kids TP. Please report back whether it needs manual override. TY! 

The DQ is NOT attached to the kids TP at Kroger either 😞

0 Likes

Hgreenia
Deal Sharer

Hey! I actually did need a coupon override! but I showed the cashier, and it DOES say kids toothpaste on it, so she just rang up a different coupon and adjusted the savings to $2. I wasn't sure if the system was thrown off by the digital and paper coupon combination or what. but the coupon does say kids on there, so that's why she gave me the credit.

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Hgreenia Nice deals! Thanks for sharing. Since you say you have to buy a lot of men's deodorant I wanted to point out that although the Axe ibotta offer is now expired, there's a Fetch offer for 1500 points each, limit 5.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I have the $2.00 Ibotta rebate for the Burt's Bees Kids toothpaste, but no $2.00 coupon.  I searched Publix and they didn't have it.  Neither did Walgreens.

CVS has the coupon, but only a couple of stores in my area even carry one of the Burt's Bees for Kids.  The price online is $4.49.  Usually more expensive in store.  Still a good deal and I do have a $10 Extra Bucks from my CVS Care Pass to use.  I just need to find another $8.00 to spend at CVS.

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Thanks for this. I added it to my Stop & Shop list.

No CVS near me carries the kid's variety. Would be nice if they did, but not complaining. I have been able to redeem several Ibotta rebates from my CVS shops this month.

@mmoore01 Nivea shave is on promotion this week, buy 2 get 5 ECBs, and there are 4 different Ibotta offers, plus a bonus. The shave gel is $4.99 by me. I did the deal on Sunday. You'll do what's'best for you of course... just sharing.

Other mentions--2 of my favorites: the Larabar is $4.99 this week, with a $1 IR. Blue Diamond almond cans are 2/$6, and there is a $1/2 paper coupon. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

Update on my CVS trip for Burt's Bees Kids Toothpaste.

I found only one CVS in my area that the app said they had it.  I drove to the store and found ONE tube, with no price or label for it.  I had the cashier scan it for me and it was $4.39.  More than I wanted to spend, but it was all they had.  Since I had $10 in Extra Bucks, I picked up a few other things.

Prior to going to the store, I had sent the $2.00 coupon to my card.  When I checked out, the $2.00 coupon did not come through.  I showed the cashier the coupon on my phone.  First, they said that the coupons won't work if it was on sale.  It wasn't on sale.  One associate looked at it on my phone, but said he could not do anything.  Another person came to the register and said if it doesn't have a bar code, they can't scan it.  He could not do anything.

This is not my normal CVS, but this was the only one that had this item,  I told them I came in specifically for the toothpaste and if they would not accept the $2.00 coupon, I didn't want it.  They argued with me some more and I said, Fine.  I don't want ANY of it.  I walked out.

I called CVS Customer Service and they were not much better.  I tried to get someone to help me, but she said I needed to talk with someone in the Extra Care department.  First, I could not understand the woman I talked with.  Her accent was very heavy.  Even though her English was good, she was hard to understand.  I don't think she understood me, either.

After about 30 minutes of this, she said that she can't look at the coupons I have sent to my card.  I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager.  She went away for a bit, but then came back.  I never got a satisfactory answer from her and I ended up hanging up.

It is possible that if I had NOT sent the coupon to my card, it would have printed at the CVS machine and they could have scanned it.  But I don't have that option now.  The whole experience made me mad.  I don't understand how they can offer coupons that you can't redeem and they have no way to adjust to a manual method.  I have never had this issue with Walgreens.  When there is an issue, they give me Walgreens Cash.  I have even gotten Extra Bucks at CVS for this kind of issue, but they never offered this to me.

Sorry to vent on everyone, but I hope you have more luck. 

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Sorry this happened. It’s frustrating when employees don’t work with you. It is not true that they need to be able to scan. The app coupons have a sequence number. When you tap “Details,” the number is visible. All the cashier needs to do is enter the last 5 digits that are in bold font. Also, manufacturer coupons do not print at the Red box, only the CVS coupons do. 

Somewhat related… I had an issue when an item scanned higher than the shelf price. When I inquired about the policy, I got varied responses. It’s odd since some stores have a large sign posted on the front door stating the policy. Fortunately, an experienced manager made it right.

That said, I definitely prefer things to scan at the correct price so that my transactions go smoothly. Plus I don’t want the hassle, or to seem like I’m looking for a freebie. I love shopping at CVS.

I have only called Customer Service once. It was quick and painless.

0 Likes