cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Nurses Day

OBSHOP
Deal Ambassador

Today is National Nurses Day.  

Dunkin is offering a free brewed or iced drink today. 

Starbucks is offering a free coffee

To all the nurses in the family, Thank you

Ready, Set, Shop
21 Replies

Re: National Nurses Day

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   Thank you for all you have done to save lives - go get a coffee!

and if I'm leaving anyone else out - thank you!

Icequeen813
Deal Expert

@FelskyNY  ❤️ ❤️  

0 Likes

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  I’m a nurse, going to get mine during my break ❤️

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Welshcar  I knew there was someone else (and I was actually going to search it) - so thank you as well.   I am self employed in medical transcription, but I am not a nurse.  I give you guys a TON of credit for dealing with doctors on a daily basis. 

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  Thanks! Fortunately, I no longer have to deal with doctors on a daily basis. I also work from home. I work for the state health department and conduct investigations at hospitals for adverse events or consumer complaints. I really love it, though I do miss the patient care aspect of nursing. 
Your job sounds interesting. Sounds like something I would like to do. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Welshcar  Often people think I do medical billing - I actually transcribe doctor's dictations/notes.

I did office notes way back when and now I do radiology (MRI/CT/Carotid etc) and No Fault/Workers Comp/Liability exams. I totally get missing the people aspect.  

0 Likes

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  I was under the impression that most doctors use transcription programs like Dragon or whatever is out there now. 
I would come across some funny mistakes in progress notes or op reports that I knew were computer generated. Humans do a superior job 🥰

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Core Shopper

My husband is an RN as well, but also mainly works from home now (manager of home health services) He feels the same as you @Welshcar. He enjoys many aspects of his job, but he misses the patient care. My daughter just became a CNA this last year through a youth apprenticeship program, and her goal is to go on to nursing school and become an RN. ❤️❤️❤️

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Welshcar  Yes with EMR - the need for transcriptionists have gone down greatly.  Outsourcing has also crushed some of us.  Thankfully I have some really loyal docs who have stayed with me and I greatly appreciate it.  I also handle the administrative part of it and catch errors, which EMR does not.  I am probably quickly become a dinosaur in the field.   Funny thing is, I was quarantining before quarantining was a "thing". I have worked from home these last 25 years.