Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and old timer Ibotta-Kroger McSTACKsky's and the Extra Credit bonus

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Screenshot_20210830-005015.png

Screenshot_20210829-193252.png

Screenshot_20210829-193310.png

Yesterday I finally decided to use my first Fetch Rewards Kroger gift card ($25), spent $13.77 of it, and earned $5 base cash back from Ibotta AND completed my Extra Credit bonus ($5). I'm also expecting $2.50 more from Kroger cash back by tomorrow

14 Replies

Re: New and old timer Ibotta-Kroger McSTACKsky's and the Extra Credit bonus

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@RCKCreatEnt If you use Fetch don't forget to scan your receipt. I'm showing Evolve as a pop-up brand. The 4 pack nets you 1000 points back.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@RCKCreatEnt  Did you use the self-checkout for this transaction using your GC? If so, did your digital GC scan, or did you have to get their customer service involved? The latter has been the case at Mariano’s for me, so I asked Kroger’s customer service to look into this. I’m still waiting to hear back but curious if it works at Kroger stores but not at some (or all?) of their affiliates. Thanks and a nice haul, btw!

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Xiao I needed help from the clerk manning the self checkout - I always use self checkout when it's available

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@RCKCreatEnt  Ok, so it’s a company-wide issue. I had a hunch but thank you for confirming it! The customer service rep who responded to my inquiry made it sound like it was an isolated issue only at Mariano’s.
Kroger really needs to revamp their technology - a total dinosaur… 🦕 🦖

0 Likes

cmcnurse
Shopper

@RCKCreatEnt WoW! You're becoming quite a PRO at the KCB since February. I was just looking at an old thread tonight where we told you about it ... and whew! You've gotten the KCB bug! haha

Always glad when someone else can get some extra savers along the way. Too bad ibotta doesn't have a gas reimbursement yet! 🙂 Maybe someday ...

All the best ... keep saving!

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@cmcnurse trouble with gas reimbursement is that you generally can't stack, there seems to be a way for every app to know you attempted to stack. If you claim deals on multiple apps at the same time one app will cancel out the others. I have both Get Upside and BPMe.  I get a whoppin' nickel off per gallon with BPMe and if I use it with Get Upside, what I claim with Get Upside gets reduced by a nickel

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@cmcnurse I recently got my highest personal accumulation of KCB ($171+) and soon after withdrew $12+

It was so awesome learning about KCB!  Thanks so much for making me aware of it!

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@RCKCreatEnt @cmcnurse  Have you experienced any missed KR CB? I’m new to this, so I only had three shopping trips that had qualifying items. The first one was fine but the last two had some issues. 
I received CB for my third trip but not for the second one, so I chatted with one of their customer service reps and he gave me a courtesy $3 that equaled to the missed CB amount. I sent all of CB to my shopper’s card right away. 
Last night, I went to my go-to Kroger affiliate, Mariano’s, and the amount displayed on the self-checkout screen for my third trip was $0.01 less. When I sent it to my shopper’s card, it was $4.99, but it only showed and applied $.4.98.
Have you experienced anything like this before? I don’t want to make a fuss over a penny but if this is a known issue, I want to bring it to their attention. Thank! 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Xiao 

I don't suppose your whole amount due was $4.98, and that is why that is how much it took.  I have never had my card balance be wrong.

Regarding not getting credit for a KCB offer:

• Are you sure you added it before your purchaothse?
  • Are you sure your item satisfied all the terms:  size, quantity, etc?

Other than above, the only times they have not given KCB credit was when the offer was not fully 'active  yet, or when I had tried to stack with a DQ.

Sometimes when offers are newly added as KCB, but there are no qualifying items under SHOP ALL ITEMS, the KCB does not attach.  There is no way to know this after the fact, so you would have to check beforehand.

It is against Kroger policy,  per their FAQs, to combine DQs and KCB, and sometimes this will cause a rejection.  Others combine the two successfully, but if an offer is rejected for any reason, they will not approve KCB if it was stacked.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"