cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “ Offer not eligible for cash back when combined with other coupons.”

yoteshockeyfan
Shopper

Many times I purchase something only when I can stack savings and loved that ibotta allowed rebates for multiple purchases for most items. I certainly won't be wasting my time using this app when individual store apps have many of the same coupons. Very disappointing. 

Zebrachicken35
Deal Sharer

This is an unfortunate result of Ibotta and the partnership they have with Walmart in running or managing the Walmart+ rewards program. It has caused what I figured would happen which is the new exclusion fine print in many offers. If they wish to dig Ibotta a fast grave, this is the surefire way of doing it. I'll cash out completely and not use it anymore if it spreads to majority of the offers. But yeah, you can thank Walmart for this one. 

I guess it's free offers only for me from now on. I definitely will not buy the products with the exclusions. 

Zebrachicken35
Deal Sharer

@Dean 

Yes, that may be true, however, Ibotta has a partnership with Walmart. They run the Walmart+rewards program. One of the main things about that specific program is that one can use either Ibotta or Walmart+rewards offers, but not both. Coupons, other offers, rebates, and coupon codes are not allowed in Walmart+rewards. Since Ibotta is running the show they are taking those rules and implementing them in Ibotta. I knew they would pull this. 

Anyway, I said all that because Ibotta runs that program, so now they are screwing us over by making us follow the same rules. It sucks. I'll do free items and that's it if they are gonna pull this. 

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

I wondered how long it would take Ibotta to move towards this model.  When I saw the WM+ rewards program come online, I was actually surprised my IR still worked for the included (mostly P&G) products.

It will be interesting to see how well their app recognizes when coupons or promos have been used.  If they're really able to **bleep** out all purchases connected to a coupon or promo, sad to see the end of a great deal stacking opportunity.

ct
Saver

Based on verbiage, it would disallow any store discount (not just manufacturer's) discount as well. If that's true, I don't know if I will have enough deals to chase on Ibotta every week.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I really believe this is much ado about nothing.  I still think they are just restricting so you can't double dip with Walmart Rewards and ibotta.

They certainly have to be smart enough to know how much their bottom line would suffer if they started disallowing ibotta rebates when combined with MQs or DQs.

I'm not sweating it even a little bit until we get some actual details 

I know what the terms say, but I don't think that is what it literally will be.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Dean

@Rickibotta 

If it's about Walmart Rewards, why include other stores in those same offers with new restrictions? 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

TXbelle
Super Saver

@Rickibotta 

I'm with you.  I won't anticipate problems beforehand.  Sounds a bit like doubling Ibotta rebates with the KCB program. So far I haven't seen any problems getting offers on Ibotta that were sale priced at the store and had a dq as well. I don't have a Walmart acct to link so I don't know anything about any Walmart + program and don't plan to try it out .

Can you imagine the coding issues to make such a monumental change to Ibotta?

elizabeth3
Shopper

I am hoping you are right but they also updated the "stacking offers" article to say that other coupons could not be combined with Ibotta offers. However, this would be a big change, I would think they would have sent out a notice or something to explain the changes if it applied to all stores. 

sylvie
Rewards Hunter

Thing is, except for Walmart, how would Ibotta know if you get money back through Coupons.com, or KCB (if you buy at a Kroger/ Kroger affiliate), or even Fetch or whatever? There is no way that Ibotta could know you are using other cash back programs (other than WM). Same for CDC - they only know what shows up on your receipt. And as has been noted, with Kroger, and possibly other stores, sometimes the paper coupons just show up at the bottom of the receipt, without referring to which product they are discounting. So, not *too* much has changed.

Well, if it is a digital coupon, that will show up on Kroger receipts, so that will be a bummer, if it is a product Ibotta doesn't want you double dipping on, but they haven't gotten that verbiage on all the offers (yet), so it should be ok. Like the Nuggs - buy one get one on Kroger digital coupons, buy two get $5 through Ibotta, and the get one free through Venmo rebate... That should still be fine (I hope - gonna do that this evening).