cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “ Offer not eligible for cash back when combined with other coupons.”

Dean

To add to the confusion, read the second link about stacking. Along with the news about Amazon and the browser extension, it looks like sad days are ahead.

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/7619049005586-Can-I-use-coupons-or-other-promotions-with-I...

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001846288

You can stack an any brand offer with a brand name offer but you cannot stack two brand name offers on the same product (unless you purchase enough products to satisfy each offer individually). [So duplicate offers are valid?]

Offer stacking may also refer to combining coupons (ie. paper), and Ibotta offers to increase the amount of cash back or reduce the amount out of pocket. Ibotta offers cannot be stacked with these other methods. [Bummer]

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

TBIRDMOM96
Saver

@Dean I think you are correct.   Writing is on the wall.    My Ibotta usage is about to go way down.

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@Dean That stacking article seems to contradict itself. These two highlighted lines. One says you cannot stack, the other says to check the details to see if you can? This is clearly a work in progress.

And what is a "Retailer digital reward"?

Screenshot_20220915_214627.jpg

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I know I am sure glad I do not have WM linked in ibotta, I don't use the browser extension, I do not have WM+, and I do not use WM rewards.  There are no cards linked to my WM account.  I do not do any pickup or delivery orders.

I have never had any problems with a WM receipt.  I have been there 7 times in the last 6 days and I have stacked ibotta with PQs, C51, FETCH, SB, and SK.  I can't say if any of my ibotta offers had the new wording.

I still am optimistic and am hoping they are doing all of this to avoid stacking WM rewards with ibotta.  I know what the verbiage says.   Yet I haven't seen anyone show a situation yet where stacking resulted in a rejection or reversal.  I can be very well wrong here, and that is okay, but I am cautiously optimistic still.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Dean

@Rickibotta 

I think someone already mentioned that a concern was having offers reversed later because of the new wording. Another thing is having to review offer details now to see which have the new wording. I guess we’ll see if it’s worth the effort. 

Helpful Links

0 Likes

Greekgal131
Deal Sharer

Just a head's up for all.   I do not have W+, and used coupons at Walmart the past 2 days.

Any receipts that I submitted to Ibotta for items that I used coupons were not credited.  When I first scanned my receipts,  they showed up, but sadly were never credited in the end.   Offers that did NOT have the verbiage were NOT credited either.    

Again, this was only my experience at Walmart.

Mommiller1959
Rewards Hunter

Well wonderful. The rebates or coupons standing alone for products today with this ridiculous inflation and crappo economy do not make purchasing the  brand name products worth it. My use of coupons.com and newspaper subscription (coupons) will substantially decrease since I almost never use them alone.  Ibotta is turning into Check Out 51 . I have had 5.00 i  that account for 6 months now and never bother to even check it anymore. Rebates are awful and cant be stacked usually.

Mommiller1959
Rewards Hunter

What is PQ? 

Dean

@Mommiller1959  PQ is short for Print Coupon. You can find more abbreviations in the following link. Also, you might want to check Checkout 51 gas rewards. I started using it recently and have made a few bucks. It’s not much but better than being stuck at $5.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/new-to-ibotta/do-you-speak-ibotta/m-p/73373#M743

@Greekgal131  Since none of your offers were credited, you might want to try resubmitting your receipt. It’s possible that your problem is related to a recent issue with Walmart receipts not scanning properly. 

Helpful Links

Dean

A sample of reactions I found on the web.

https://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/couponing/ibotta-changes

The Reddit Ibotta sub had a couple of interesting posts. The first is an image of the Ibotta response to the stacking question stating that stacking of any type is not allowed. 

FCC39D56-B07C-4918-A7FA-F7984AA11B46.png

Another poster made a list of brands that can’t be stacked at Kroger. I’m sure it applies at other stores as well. Thanks to OPs.

Offers that can't be combined Ibotta - Kroger

Sharpie

Schick

Elmer

Expo

Light fit + oikos

Fannie may

Alba Botanica

Silk milk

Essential water

Centrum

Perdue products (Not chicken tots or fresh cut or harvestland)

Aspercreme

Innovasian

Chobani flips (not oatmilk)

Johnson's

Simple mills crackers

Amope

Jason

Rejuvenate

Gasx

Musselman

Green blend

Sensodyne and pronamel

Amazing Green

Fulfil Protein Bar

Blue Diamond

Impossible Products (not chicken nuggets,

Clif Bars (not single one or thins)

Kodiak Cakes

Dave killer bread (Not the Bagels, english muffins, and organic breakfast bread)

Pearls specialties olives

El Yucateco

Parmalat shelf stable cow milk

Califia farms cold brew coffee + Oatmilk + Holiday nog (not almond milk creamer yet)

Health Ade pop

Popsicle

John Frieda

Dr Scholl's

Amope

Preparation H Rapid

Cutter personal bug products

Munk Pack keto

Good food

Little debbie

Bar S

Biofreeze