cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “ Offer not eligible for cash back when combined with other coupons.”

123Save
Deal Ambassador

Thanks for the article @CITN 

Since these new restrictive offers will be shown in the gallery alongside stackable offers, I hope Ibotta will modify the images to add an identifier. Who has time to read the fine print of ever single offer?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@123Save 

Brilliant!!

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mmoore01
Deal Master

I can't see Ibotta changing the color or anything else if coupons are not allowed.  What if they forgot to add the color on an offer?  Do you think they would honor this, especially if the details say no coupons?  I don't think so.

I understand no coupons for some items, but what constitutes a promotion?  If it is on sale, isn't this a promotion?  I don't have any control over this.  What do I do, ask them to sell it to me for the regular price?  

As has been mentioned, some store receipts show the regular price and then show the discount for a sale.  Is this considered a promotion?  No word yet on BOGO, Extra Bucks, Register Rewards and other store practices that have been around for years.

Hopefully, retailers and manufacturers will notice a slump in sales when coupons aren't allowed.  I suspect Ibotta will also see a slump on these transactions, too.  

Amydstotts
Saver

I was thinking the same thing!  There's already so many moving parts to couponing that I don't think I can add another one in there.  I went to walmart tonight and just didn't have it in me to research everything so I just did the ones I didn't have coupons for.

I got an answer about ecbs and Kroger WDD

Amydstotts
Saver

Last night, I contacted Ibotta on facebook and asked if ecbs and Kroger 5x digitals were considered coupons.  They got back to me today and said:

"Unfortunately, cvs extracare bucks are considered to be part of another rewards program and cannot be combined with Ibotta offers.  Digital coupons like Kroger 5x Event coupons are also not able to be used."

Sigh...so much for redeeming rebates at cvs...I don't pay OOP at cvs.  I have ECBs so that I can roll them into the next deal...but ECBs are MY MONEY, so I'm quite disappointed by this.

[Topics merged]

Re: I got an answer about ecbs and Kroger WDD

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Amydstotts  Would you think this applies to ALL Ibotta offers at CVS or only the ones that say cannot be combined?

Zebrachicken35
Deal Sharer

I wish they would make up their minds 🙄 Seriously... Take your meds people. Either you allow stacking, or you don't. Stop going all ADD and being unstable. One day it's "some" offers. The next it's "if you stack or try to stack we will execute you immediately". We don't have time for mind games, and our wallets don't have the funds for that. 

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01  from the FAQ, and I'm not sure when it was updated, but it does say  'Store-run sales promotions on discounted items are not considered an exclusion for Ibotta offer redemption.'

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MelissaR 

Yay @ confusion!!  Will be interesting to how the Kroger store specials are handled that are essentially SQs, but are noted by 'eCpn' for attached items.  I seriously doubt that the ibotta interface checks for a corresponding code of SC (store coupon) vs MC (manufacturer coupon).  All of this will be something I won't really believe until it does or doesn't happen to me personally.    But I will be selective what I do and don't try based on what others mention for sure.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Re: I got an answer about ecbs and Kroger WDD

Amydstotts
Saver

I think that, if the offer doesn't state that we can't use coupons, ecbs and kroger 5x will be just fine, because they said they're considered coupons.