cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “ Offer not eligible for cash back when combined with other coupons.”

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@sylvie 

As I mentioned, not all kroger stores format the same.  On my receipts, the final price paid is align right, with all discounts for the item further left on subsequent lines.  On receipts from other stores, some 'discounts" show align right as well.

@Dean  There were many projects I worked on where the same wording would occur across the board, even when it really only be necessary for a small subset.  If ibotta did this, it would only be enforced when applicable, and there would never be a situation where the restrictions were left off.

Overall. the only way to eliminate 'double dipping" on competing rebate sites is if they work in concert with each other, using a new central clearinghouse repository that all the players shared data with.  And it likely would result in withholding payments for a period of time to verify no double dipping.  This all would require a lot of agreeing on standards and layouts, etc etc.  Would be a massive undertaking.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

TXbelle
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta 

Not only a massive undertaking but a cause for a mass exodus of users from all those apps. Why do as much work as most of us do to get a measly $.50 - $1? I think working with these money saving apps is fun, but it's also work and these rebates, points, etc. are kinda our payment, right? I totally understand that all these apps exist to make money but they or the retailers and manufacturers they work with wouldn't make money if there aren't any users. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TXbelle 

Agreed.  I imagine many of us do it as a challenge to get things for free or close to it.  I enjoy it to keep my mind sharp and to satisfy the organizational and planning needs that are lacking in my retirement.

I spend way too many hours a week to do it for pennies.  I would have to retire from couponing as well....lol.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mtnagel
Rewards Hunter

What if the item is on sale?  Would that disqualify a rebate too?  

I'm starting to see this message on several Kroger offers as well.  My Ibotta usage will drop way down if this becomes the norm.

Dean

@mtnagel 

The wording shows only coupons and promo codes so I think sale items would be fine. Policing sales at all these retailers would be a major undertaking.

My Ibotta usage was already down before this change. I was looking at my current total of $13.67 and realized that I’ve only made $10 in the last two months combined. I’ve saved more using store coupons and other apps. Just saved $5.10 on Tide alone this weekend with TC and SK. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Has anyone been denied ibotta rebates yet on the grounds of stacking?  If so, what product, store, etc?

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Not yet. I redeemed one last week. When it reset I saw the “no coupon” statement, so it may have been there before. I had only noticed that on one offer up until a couple of days ago.

The tricky part is that many people—self included—just scan products in-store for matches. Now I’ll have to read each rebate that interests me. Mistakes are bound to happen.

Randamay
Rewards Hunter
  • Yes, i shop online with Walmart through ibotta, and so far everything I’ve bought with the rewards, doesn’t credit in ibotta(except for the percentage cash back). It does credit to Walmart rewards as soon as it ships. I wonder if the items still give cash back for WM rewards when bought in store somehow?
0 Likes

Randamay
Rewards Hunter

What is CDC? And how do you get Venmo rebates?! Lol

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@Randamay 

CDC is an acronym for coupons.com

You can print coupons (PQs) using their website or use their app to redeem similar offers/rebates that are paid as cash directly to your PayPal account.

As for “Venmo rebates,” I believe you’re referring to recent posts about a company called Aisle. They’re similar to Chop whereas they act as a conduit between companies and consumers.

You have to locate the unique webpage for the particular product and signup to receive texts from them. You text them a picture of the receipt showing you bought the item(s) and they send a rebate for the purchase price via Venmo or PayPal.

Aisle offers:

https://discover.gotoaisle.com/offers
https://discover.gotoaisle.com/deals

I find Chop offers by searching Google with the following text exactly as shown:

site:https://app.chop.today

Please note, as always, YMMV and I hold no authority on the validity of any offers you try. 

Happy saving and welcome to the community.