cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P & G rebate submission questions?

Zombie
Core Shopper

This feels like a silly question, but I have never attempted to redeem a P & G rebate before (I either never hit the total spend amount or forgot to do it in time).

I just purchased a bunch of Oral-b replacement brush heads last week from Walgreens - which almost came to $50 on one receipt, so it seems like a good time to try for the current P&G Summer Olympics rebate since I won't have to track down 20+ different receipts.

I have a few questions:

1. Based on the way the terms are worded, using CVS Extrabucks would likely cause problems (since they apply as coupons and visibly reduce the actual price of the item on your receipt), but what about WC?

If I used WC to cover the OOP, will I still qualify for the rebate?

2. I THINK I've seen someone mention that you can use multiple receipts to reach the $50 total spend requirement. Can anyone confirm? If so, is there a special way to submit multiple receipts? Or is it self explanatory?

3. Are there any tips/tricks to make sure everything goes smoothly with submission? Are there any weird hoops that P&G makes you jump through that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

0 Likes
23 Replies

Re: P & G rebate submission questions?

Saipan
Super Saver

@Zombie

Submission is totally digital. You are allowed one jpeg or one PDF. I would go over the threshold a little.

I went by the price displayed after discounts, displayed on each receipt for each item. It is your judgment after that.

0 Likes

cjwoody
Super Saver

Hey @Zombie !

1. I don’t know the term specifics, but I would consider what triggered the EB in the first place.  If it was a prior P&G deal, then count it as a deduction.  If it was some other MFR, then consider it as just a form of payment since you wouldn’t be double-dipping off of P&G.  For WC, I would consider it a deduction since it’s a store discount.

2. Pretty sure it was @Saipan

3. As for hoops, I had to do my own calculations to determine the net price before tax.  I also had to combine my order confirmation and shipping confirmation (online Walgreens order) into one PDF because they only allowed one attachment.  Otherwise, that was all.  I only had 1 receipt, so there could be more hoops if doing multiple receipts.

0 Likes

Zombie
Core Shopper

@Saipan how do I combine multiple receipts into one jpeg or PDF (I normally have to take multiple pictures of a single receipt, so I'm not even sure how to go about this)?

Can I do this via smartphone?

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Based on what I see for the rebate, it doesn't appear that Oral-B toothbrushes are included.  I see Crest toothpaste, but not Crest mouthwash (which I had some).  I was also surprised that other P&G products like Charmin and Dawn are not included either.

I would double check to make sure Oral-B is actually included before submitting everything.

Saipan
Super Saver

@Zombie

I use/d Office Lens/MS Lens. Gives you the option to save via multiple formats. Should be available on both mobile platforms. 

Another option Android specific I mentioned a while back, a grassroots based app by G called Stack that might come in handy.

Receipt Scanner 

Would snap image on the floor. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

Screenshot_20210831-175445_Bing.jpg

Zombie
Core Shopper

@mmoore01 last week (or POSSIBLY the week prior, but I think it was last week) when I was using the Walgreens app, I distinctly remember being delighted to find that the page for the Oral-b replacement brush heads had "Spend $50, get $15 rebate on eligible P&G product" listed under "additional perks". And when I clicked on it, it took me to the P&G Summer Olympics rebate page (still within the Walgreens app).

I just checked and it DOESN'T show up under additional perks anymore on the page for the replacement brush heads, but it looked the same as the middle offer in this current screenshot from the Crest Whitestrips page:

Screenshot_20210831-182526.png

Then this page within the app

Screenshot_20210831-152403.png

Any thoughts? Do you think it's worth trying to submit anyway?

If it was an error that it showed up for the replacement brush heads, would it have been an error on P&G's end or Walgreens' end?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Since the last day to purchase has passed, I would send in what you have.  They may say it doesn't count, but at least you tried.

My understanding is that this offer is NOT just for Walgreens, so if you purchased any of the other P&G products since May 30, 2021 to August 31, 2021, it should count.

I have a number of Walmart purchases that I am going to submit today.  

Good luck.  I hope they take your Oral-B transactions.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

It appears I assumed that the P&G rebate site was more accommodating than it was.  Apparently, they assumed I would be purchasing $50 of P&G products on ONE receipt.  Unfortunately, I have 8 receipts!

I gave P&G a call and they said I could submit one receipt (which is how I figured out I couldn't do another) and then in a week when they have processed my receipt, I can call them and they will give me an email address for the other seven receipts.   

If you purchased $50 on one receipt, good for you.  Just need to fill out a form and upload the receipt.  If you were planning to send more than one receipt, you can combined them into one file and upload it or give P&G a call.  I used the phone number on their website.