cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Publix - Free Alpha Burritos and MM Gogurt

cjwoody
Deal Ambassador

@mom2furkids keep your eyes out for the Go-gurt offer resetting in Ibotta.  The same $0.75 Limit 5 offer is in my gallery again.  The BOGO sale runs through 9/1 at Publix, and there are $1.50/2 PQ’s available on the CDC website.  This is a ton of free yogurt, so I will be giving the stuff away.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody  You’re so generous and thoughtful! 😇

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@cjwoody Thank you for the heads up! I'm excited about that CDC coupon. If you have room in the freezer, these also freeze well. I've gone that route before when we didn't finish a batch before they expired. Then you can just pull one or two out at a time.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody I finally got to try the breakfast and Philly cheese burritos yesterday. I followed the instructions and baked them in the oven, instead of nuking them in the microwave. They were nicely browned on the outside but didn’t get too hard like they probably would have if cooked in the microwave. 
I cut them in half, so my husband and I can try both varieties. We liked the fake Philly cheese - my hubby didn’t realize it was plant based - but the breakfast one was too bland and had the texture was a bit off. 
I was happy they were FAO but probably won’t pay oop. 

0 Likes

cjwoody
Deal Ambassador

@Xiao  Agreed, these are just ok, and I wouldn’t go out of my way to get them.  As an FAO, I can’t complain.  I did this once via microwave and had a similar turnout to those listed in this thread.  I also tried with an air fryer using the same directions as a regular oven.  That was too much heat and didn’t require as long of a cook.  I will probably go the air fryer route again with a lower temp.  

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody  I didn’t think to use my air fryer! I received it as a gift a while back but never use it anymore.  
Initially, I was excited of my new toy and made tortilla chips, fried oysters, jalapeño poppers and such but the honeymoon days ended rather quickly and I almost forgot that I even owned it.
Maybe I need new inspirations! What do you cook with your air fryer?
Btw, my burritos were supposed to be $0.50/each oop originally, but they became FAO after one of them qualified for ‘$1 off any freezer item’ with in-store DQ.  Love surprises like that!
Also, they were tastier after topping them off with Pace Picante sauce I bought with IB CB.

0 Likes

cjwoody
Deal Ambassador

@Xiao  I use it on the reg… roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus are staples.  Also, frozen hash brown thingies from Aldi or Trader Joe’s - usually part of every Saturday morning breakfast.  Definitely frozen tater tots!  Also, any frozen plant-based chicken strip or patty or nugget!

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody  Oh yes! They all sound great. I think I still have some Aldi tots left, so will try them for breakfast tomorrow. Thank you!

0 Likes