cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Sargento creamery on Fetch

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Nice offer. Not on my account. Maybe they saw I already purchased some last week, and decided they wanted new users of the product. Hmm.

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Donna2 baby Swiss is great to eat by itself, as are those Laughing Cow baby gouda cheeses in wax shells. I'd rather use other cheeses, especially cheddar, for omelettes and grilled cheese sandwiches 

I'm sure glad I got time for 2 bites of the apple for the Fetch Rewards Sargento Creamery special offer!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt 

Don't make me cry.   I can't believe you are shunning swiss grilled cheese with crumbled bacon.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@SaverGirl67 heard! I have alot of cheese in the fridge drawer already, but with shredded chz I usually have good luck freezing it. The only shredded chz that didn't work well after freezing was the sodelicious plant based chz. I used the mozzerela after freezing a few days ago when I made stuffed peppers and it didn't melt well at all. Still tasted good but it wouldn't really melt.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜Έ!!!!! Well I have to take that into consideration, especially if it were THE ONLY cheese available at my disposal, i.e., use, and I'm not up my eyeballs in cheese. Those 2 situations are extremely rare since I entered my CBAE (cash back app era)

Even if refrigerated and UNOPENED, cheese can take on mold, and with Ibotta's tripartite Summer Cheese bonus going on, one would do well to use up cheese purchases as quickly as possible 

All that said, once I open a bag of baby Swiss cheese, I plan to eat them up as stand alone snack items within 3 days

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Screenshot_20210711-004510.png

@Donna2 I was at Walmart yesterday late afternoon/early evening. My primary mission was to get the last 3 items I needed to get my 2W after finishing July πŸŽ‡ s and Level 1 at Whole Foods a few hours ago but before I checked out I did go check the cheese section, where most Sargento Creamery BABY SWISS bags - my FAVORITE- had $1 off Peelie coupons. I already bought a bag of REGULAR Sargento BABY SWISS Friday, and I was already determined to eat them up within 3 days of opening, but I just couldn't pass up on getting essentially $2 back from Fetch Rewards AND using a $1 off Peelie coupon.

0 Likes

Lakelady126
Saver

I noticed the date too and also bought 2 at the end of June! I submitted a ticket with screen shots. No response from them yet.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt 

I'm not doing the IR cheese deal.  It makes no sense to me.   I am getting cheese a lot cheaper using coupons, rebates and sales, and getting cheese I like instead of the ones in their promotion.  I don't have to chase every deal.

As for moldy cheese, I have lived 55 years smelling, looking, and using my common sense.  I realize some strange mold could be present that I can't see, but a missile could also hit my house any day, and probably with the same odds.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Donna2  My offer started later but still expires on the same day, 7/14/21. 

0C636612-ABFB-411B-B11C-0B07128A6050.jpeg

 

0 Likes

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Donna2  I freeze cheese blocks often and they are just as good after defrosting in the fridge - maybe a little brittle but it makes easier to add to my omelette and others I want to make extra cheesy! I freeze cream cheese, too. πŸ’— all kinds of πŸ§€ (so thrilled to find cheese emoji)!