cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving decreased

Mizzladykey
Shopper

So I'm noticing all the normal deals I use are disappearing when I go to claim on receipt. Not only that a lot of these product aren't available everywhere. Is it me or does it seem like the savings team is slacking? I mean by now you should have better stats on what products are being purchased more. Then you want someone to do 38 offers for $10. That's not a real bonus!!!!!

9 Replies

Re: Saving decreased

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Is EVERY offer you are wanting to redeem just suddenly getting yanked, especially just before scanning your receipt? You MIGHT have to contact Ibotta Care

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

The manufacture decides the limits on the rebates and what items get put up once the limit is reached it goes away. Ibotta is just marketing

0 Likes

Mizzladykey
Shopper

No just there one day then gone when my online order uploads. I'm okay I don't like contacting them. Just wondering if others notice.

0 Likes

Mizzladykey
Shopper

Not what I'm referring to but thanks

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

You are correct.  The number of offers needed has gone up.  This is primarily because the Any rebates are now included.

Personally, I haven't found it any harder to get.  Between the Any Rebates, Giveaway offers and purchasing gift cards with Ibotta earnings, it seems easier for me.  Also, the number of FAO rebates seem to be helping 

I guess everyone's experience will differ just like the offers.

Saving4Fun

@Mizzladykey make sure to check again when you’re home because several of us are having issues with offers disappearing while in the store. I have no clue why or how that kind of a technical glitch can happen, but I’ve experienced it three times in the past week. Yesterday, two of my offers disappeared as soon as I finished at checkout. When I was a half mile away from the store, both re-appeared. I posted more about this issue in a post titled “Solution for Disappearing Offers”

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Dana  I question the accuracy of your statements because Ibotta is not “just marketing” and has the power to decide how much of a rebate offer will be paid to the consumer. Ibotta is providing a service to manufacturers and consumers by facilitating the rebate process, which used to be direct between the consumer and manufacturer. That was a time-consuming, outdated process, and Ibotta offers a modern-day alternative. In exchange for providing this service, Ibotta is paid by the manufacturer but it also keeps a portion of the rebate paid to the consumer. Take a look at the rebate offer on Smirnoff Seltzer. $2 back on Ibotta, redeemable up to two times (total of $4). That same rebate offer is available for $10 back thru BYBE or Target Circle, which contracts BYBE to process rebates on behalf of its guests. That means Ibotta is keeping an additional $6 of each rebate claimed thru Ibotta. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Ibotta can do whatever it wants, because at the end of the day, the consumer market will determine what is or isn’t acceptable. It’s up to you, as the consumer, to decide who will process your rebates. You might think these are separate rebate offers, but I assure you that’s not the case. The manufacturer has one rebate offer, which consumers can redeem thru an approved rebate processing app.  As the consumer, it is up to me to choose what app I want to process my rebate, and even though many people use multiple apps to claim a rebate, if you read the fine print, clearly says that’s not allowed. Eventually, the tracking between apps will get even better, and people will have to start choosing only one app to process a rebate offer. @Mizzladykey is doing exactly what she’s supposed to do, as the consumer. She is questioning the value of using Ibotta compared to other similar services. This sector of the retail market is still very new and developing, but it’s developing fast, and Ibotta is soon going to be competing with many more rebate processing apps. I suggest everyone starts doing his/her research to understand how these apps operate. Once again, Dana, I’m asking you to stop replying to questions you’ve not researched. Ibotta is not your friend. It is a business. It’s time to stop being a cheerleader for Ibotta and make Ibotta earn our business. I’m very tempted to do what you do and tag the community managers to request that your reply be removed for inaccuracy, but I’m sure they will see this, because that’s their job. They are here for one reason only and that is to monitor and evaluate the satisfaction of their customers. When they start to realIze that we, the consumers, are no longer willing to accept an offer because we’ve found a better offer elsewhere, Ibotta will make adjustments. That’s how the consumer market works in a capitalist economy. Same thing goes for all of the technical problems that are plaguing this app. Ibotta better find a solution ASAP, because I guarantee you there is another app waiting for the right moment to take advantage of this major weakness with Ibotta. Dana, please start being a smart consumer and stop telling people things you haven’t researched. 

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Screenshot_20210321-141808.png

Screenshot_20210321-141749.png

@Mizzladykey I don't know about you but do you not get alerts of a deal expiring in so much time on I guess a dark hot pink bar with white script? I generally assume by the ABSENCE of such that the deal is on and I'm usually right in such an assumption

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I agree, sometimes offers just disappear without warning such as the Hum toothbrush Tathet online offer that never came back. Other times they seem to disappear and miraculous reappear.  I also know that in some cases, even if they disappear, the offers are still available in your shopping list. I would suggest screenshotting your offer if it is available when you placed an online offer. If it isn't credited, you have proof and can open a ticket if necessary.  I've said it before, this industry is about customer acquisition and that's why there are sales, coupons, ads and rebate apps like Ibotta. If you watch Shark Tank, they are always talking about customer acquisition costs. What does it cost for someone to buy your product and then convert to buy it again.