cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Shopkick new user questions

Dean

I finally decided to add Shopkick after reading posts on here. I figure it’s the next logical step after using Ibotta and Fetch although the kicks conversion process is going to require some work. I searched the web for some answers but didn’t find what I needed so I’m hoping you can share some knowledge.

Is there a way to create a shopping list in SK? I’m thinking of Ibotta’s store lists. I found info on the web that said it was possible but I can’t figure out how. Maybe that is old info.

Do offers have to be chosen before buying? Or are offers chosen before scanning receipts?

is there a way to extend the location range of stores displayed? I’m currently not home so Target isn’t shown. The furthest store on the list is Petco, which is 37 miles away. I would like to look at Target offers before returning home.

Thanks for any help. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Shopkick new user questions

What-Shot
Super Saver

To another one of your questions: 

You can select the offers AFTER your purchase....immediately prior to scanning your receipt. It will prompt you when you tap the "Claim Kicks" button. 

1. Start by opening the store where you are (or the store for which you have a receipt)...e.g., Walmart. 
  2. Once inside your selected "store," click on the “receipts” button…..it will bring you to a new view with a list of all the “available kicks” at that store.
  3. Check/select each offer on your receipt that you wish to redeem.
  4. Click the “Claim Kicks” button at the bottom of that page....it will direct you to scan your receipt.

Next: You can track your pending kicks via the notifications page (bell in upper right corner of app). Select the “Kicks activity” tab.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

I'm not very adept with SK myself, but (per your question about looking for Target offers) I'm wondering if you have tried entering "TARGET" in the search bar? 

Because SK is exceedingly "location sensitive," it might not offer the luxury of looking for kicks that are not in your area. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@What-Shot  Thanks for the reply but I tried that. Seems like it only searches the store names in the current list. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

To another one of your questions: 

You can select the offers AFTER your purchase....immediately prior to scanning your receipt. It will prompt you when you tap the "Claim Kicks" button. 

1. Start by opening the store where you are (or the store for which you have a receipt)...e.g., Walmart. 
  2. Once inside your selected "store," click on the “receipts” button…..it will bring you to a new view with a list of all the “available kicks” at that store.
  3. Check/select each offer on your receipt that you wish to redeem.
  4. Click the “Claim Kicks” button at the bottom of that page....it will direct you to scan your receipt.

Next: You can track your pending kicks via the notifications page (bell in upper right corner of app). Select the “Kicks activity” tab.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Really depends on WHAT KINDS of products SK offers 'kicks,' i.e., points, for. Last month or two SK has gotten rather too department store item-biased to the detriment of grocery, convenience and drug store items - BOOOO! - but things can change before you know it. 

Anyway, wherever you are, and SK will know from info you provide and the location services should always make them abreast of where you are, look at the available stores when you open the app and click any and maybe every one, especially one(s) you might be most inclined to shop at, scroll down and look. Maybe none or all the offers need detain you, or maybe a third or a quarter might appeal to you

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Skilled Saver

@Dean Shopkick is great. You can earn money without buying anything. Some stores have very strong signals—incl. Walmart, Target and CVS—so if they offer Walk-in Kicks, you may get them just driving by or in the parking lot.

250 Kicks = $1

One thing about receipt submissions: sometimes the offers vary by store/location. If you are at a Walmart far from home, submit your receipt before you get too far away because your local Walmart may not offer the same rewards. This may have changed, but I remember seeing it some time ago.

Solved! Go to solution

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Nique  @Dean   Also, you have to submit the receipt for the correct store address. For example, I have two WM within 6 miles of my home. If I shop at the furthest one and wait until I get home to submit my receipt, the app will default to the closer one. So when I click on WM, just above the offers list, it shows the closest WM with an arrow to the right. When I click on the arrow, a map opens up and there is a tab at the bottom that says “ more stores”. Click on that and a list of other stores displays. This also makes it possible to look at offers at different locations because they vary from store to store. 

Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Skilled Saver

@Welshcar Thank you!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Nique  You’re welcome!

I found this out the hard way- my submission got rejected for the store address on the receipt not matching the store address for the store I submitted it to on the app. I just had to resubmit to the correct store, but going through support is always a hassle. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

If you are trying to get deals, I would strongly suggest using SwagBucks if you don't have it yet.  I have posted several deals from SB that were moneymakers or near it.  I already have around $150 in a few weeks.  I still need to figure it out, but I would be surprised if I spent over $200 to get that much back.

Neither SK or SB is going to have as many deals as ibotta.  But what does.

There are not as many deals on SK.  If you want to get 5 to 10 cents for scanning select products in the store, or get 1 cent for watching a one-minute video, of getting 50 cents for a half hour survey, or get 4 cents just for walking into the store (app has to be open), then SK is a good thing.

I am still trying to figure out the answers to some of your questions myself.  

SK totally has botched a great deal on Grove products for many of us, and I am not pleased having to open tickets for the first major deal on their site.    Also, some report lost redemptions, they change what they pay you after you select and redeem the deal, and it may take a week or two to get your cash.

For all those reasons,  I personally am probably am going to drop them. 

Sorry that I didn't answer much of your question.......lol, but that is my 2-cens for what it's worth.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes