cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Shopkick new user questions

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

If I am just killing time, Shopkick is great.  You can earn a couple hundred points in a matter of minutes by scanning the UPCs of many products.  I usually hit a section of the store, like Health and Beauty, scan what I can find and then finish my regular shopping.  The next time I am in the store, I might hit Pets and Laundry. 

I have had times while scanning UPCs that is stopped giving points, but it doesn't really tell you.  There may be a maximum amount in one shopping trip, I don't know.

Sometimes it takes a while to get the points you earned from buying an item.  During that time, you can't earn more points for that item, for scanning the UPC or scanning your receipt.  I had one that took two weeks, but I finally got my points.  So far, I don't think I have been denied my points.

Swagbucks has fewer offers than ShopKick, but you can earn points just for submitting receipts.  They also have a few everyday items, like lettuce, tomatoes and onions.  You don't get much (2 to 4 cents), but it's better than nothing.  I don't do any of the surveys, except the daily poll.  I do like that once a month, you can buy a $25 gift card for only 2200 points ($22).

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Not much food to be had.  I didn't mention the fact mmoore01 did that you can earn 2 or 3 cents off of common food items as well on SB.  Here is what I have done:

My first 12 days in Swagbucks

Ultimate cost = $24.39
                           (Paid $162.39;  Got $138 back in SB)

4 jars of Morton Seasonall Salt: - 8 oz
2 Lily's Chocolate Bars - 3 oz:
2 boxes of Merci 7 oz Chocolates:
8 Tic Tacs - 1 oz
2 Bags of Kinder Bueno Share - 5.7 oz
2 Butterfinger Singles

4 Bottles of Method hand Soap - 12 oz
10 packs of Scotch-Brite Advanced Dots Scrubbers ( 2 count )
9 Packs of Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Sponges (3 count)
2 Jugs of Clorox Splashless Bleach:- 40 oz

2  bottles of Nu Finish The Once A Year Car Polish - 16 OZ
2 bottles of Armor All Extreme Shield Ceramic Glass Cleaner - 18 oz
2 bottles of Tuff Stuff Tire Foam Aerosol, 20 oz
2 bottles of Tuff Stuff Foaming Glass Cleaner, 20 oz.

My first 12 days in Shopkicks

$2.40 for 3 hours of surveys

$1.30 for about 40 minutes of searching thru store and scanning products 

$5 for watching 10 videos and scanning 10 products

$1.60 for spending $12.82 on Grove products

(It was supposed to be $16 back, but they changed the payout AFTER I redeemed and got the confirmation from them.  Opened ticket.  I am not happy with a company that does a bait and switch with their rewards.

It honestly depends what you are trying to do and what your goals are.  Each app has their strengths.  I just prefer getting cheap junk instead of spending hours searching for items and scanning them for pennies.   And I have no patience for waiting days or weeks for money getting into my account.   It is just longer that I have to wait around to make sure I got what I was looking for.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I can see your frustration with SK - but they did note on their Facebook and Instagram pages that they are aware of reimbursement problems and are working on them (so I thought that was a good sign), although the jury is still out on that one for now.  I do like to stack SK and Ibotta (and Fetch sometimes too) and often the stars do align.

When I HAD time and could scan for Kicks as @mmoore01 said, - I could easily make an extra $1 or 2 to offset the cost. I've learned that it really doesn't pay to do the surveys

I can't say the same thing for SB - although I did stack Boyers coffee w/ Ibotta for a great buy and I am somewhat addicted to the sponges myself.  I find the SB offers are very SPECIFIC, although you can get a few cents here and there for any's which do add up. I also don't love that you can't just scan in the store to see if it matches and am very cautious when I am doing a SB offer - must buy 2, specific size, specific store, specific "flavor"

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@Rickibotta  I'm not that big of a shopper. I must admit the Grove Co deal was what got me to finally try SK. That's why I asked about viewing Target without it appearing on my list. It's disappointing the offer got fouled up. I did my first run to Walmart with SK. Definitely more difficult to use than Ibotta. Got the walk-in, did some scans, and submitted a receipt for Nestle Pure Life water, which should be free. The receipt is still pending.  Kinda miss the quick Cha-Ching that Ibotta gives. Even Fetch and Box Tops were quick verifications. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

But the walk-in sound is kinda cool, yeah?  I don't always get the points, perhaps because I don't give it access to my phone all the time.

I got my Nestle SK payment within a day.  Hopefully yours will be quick too.

I bought 2 of the Grove bundles on Sunday.  That is the one I just got 400 kicks for so far instead of 4000.

But, I also bought the dish soap bundle yesterday, and I actually got the full 2000 kicks already.

Hopefully they work my ticket and come through.  I imagine they will.

And as far as the difficulty level, you probably just forget how difficult ibotta was at first..  SK will get easier over time.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Amckinney7
Rewards Guide

Can someone answer does size and quantity matter with shopkicks? I'm fairly new to it and looking under Kroger can I buy 1 Kleenex and 1 viva paper towel and get the bundle 1200 kicks?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

@Amckinney7

I can't think of an instance. For example, the Dollar razor blade packs it does sometimes because both will have offers. If not specified, I would say no, especially if scanned.

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Amckinney7 

It is true what they say. Size does in fact matter.  At least sometimes.  You would think if there are no minimums listed, you could buy any size, or any size other than trial size, but that is not always the case 

WM has a deal with Palmolive and it works even on an 8 oz bottle, but I also remember a time when @Janet1964 tried doing bundles involving shampoos, body washes, or something and all sizes were not working.

I personally avoid these bundles, especially those using the word AND.  Some deals will say OR, and it is clear that you just need to buy 1 of any of the listed items in that offer. And as in your kroger example if both offers used OR, it would be clear I would only need to buy 1 item from each offer to get the bundles.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Tarribear
Saver

For scans it has to be full size but as in buying it doesn’t always state a size, in that case I have gotten trial size.  If it gets denied I submit a ticket with pictures of front and back of product and usually they credit me.  I have one I need to still do.  I have also another one that said a dif amount on the page but when submitted changed to another.- need to ticket that one too.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Tarribear 

I have had situations where I scan small size and it accepted, and then I submitted that item and had it denied.

0 Likes