cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sunday Paper - Yes or No?

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Shawnaf1220 Howdy from Atlanta! Are you near LV or Reno?

0 Likes

Glammy

@SaverGirl67 

I was a big “couponer” when I worked in an office  we all brought in our Sunday coupon inserts and exchanged since we used different brands (I use Tide, one friend used Gain, another Cheer) and I’d purchase multiples when the items were on sale  and saved a lot . Then I got busy and stopped  

When I started using Ibotta in ernest I subscribed to the Sunday Paper thinking more coupons, more saving. Right? 
Not so much. It was a lot of work to clip and sort and track but a lot of them expired in 30 days.... I saved some but not a lot. 
If you use coupons.com and link your cards you get the coupon credit automatically with no additional work except checking the offers in the app. I shop at Stop&Shop and ShopRite and I can also load the “clip less” coupons right in their app to my loyalty card. So it really only helped at Walmart which does not link to coupons.com and does not load the coupons. 
Also some apps like P&G and Coupons.com allow you to print paper coupons that you can render at the store. 
I gave it up after 4 months. The ROÍ was not the best use of my scarce time. 
Just my take. 
Glammy! 

John102
Saver

Lotta great ideas and suggestions very helpful

0 Likes

John102
Saver

I don’t get the paper I get it from my relatives but it seems to be a hit and miss

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

I have the same concerns as you; and since the Sunday edition is so pricey, I decided against it. I find lots  of coupons  by Googling the product. I also have a neighbor who will pass hers along to me!

SaverGirl67

So it seems what I really need is someone who gets the paper but doesn’t use coupons to give them to me!!  Unfortunately I do t think I know anyone like this - but I’ll definitely keep an eye out. 

We don’t have community recycling centers where I could pickup inserts. Everything gets sorted at the landfill. 

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  Print is dead. At one time not so long ago, most of our subdivision had the newspaper delivered daily, , not anymore 

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@SaverGirl67 maybe check out 1 or more libraries and ask about newspaper issues they're getting rid of, and maybe the most recent Sunday paper still has usable circulars 

megla
Core Shopper

Okay so this is a stupid question but I'm new to this... does the Sunday paper come every week and if so does the super saver come in it every time?

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@megla as I said earlier in this🧵, I'm not a big fan of printed hard copy coupons, especially when I can clip e-coupons with Kroger, Publix and Sprouts but I off and on get post purchase printed coupons from Kroger, some of them are 'gotta use ASAP's 

On a new note just last night I started a Kelloggs Family Rewards account. I wish Kroger was an option to link an account for digital coupons, so I have to print the coupons. Still, there are enough coupons that are appealing enough for me