cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

I made $45.50 at Target today. I received my Target credit card in mail today $40 off $40 merchandise coupon included. I bought $49..43  w TC savings total charge was $8.23 minus $6.50 Ibotta rebate ,$1.73 OOP !!

18 Replies

Re: Target Red Card

SaverGirl67

@Icequeen813   Wow. That is an epic shop!  Congratulations. 

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@SaverGirl67  Thx..

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Icequeen813I’ve been debating whether to apply for a Red Card myself for a while now.  They have nice perks (isn’t it like 5% cash back at Target and 1% elsewhere?) but can’t decide if I need another credit card 🤷🏻‍ $40 off coupon sounds very enticing, though!

*Edited - weird, I noticed some characters and emoji I don’t recall typing were added, so removed them. 

0 Likes

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@XiaoTarget has a debit card as well, I did this a few yrs back and love it, esp the free shipping. Same perks 5% off when you use the card and came with the $40 off coupon as well. 

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Savingcraze  Thanks for letting me know!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Xiao  I also have a debit card.  5% off just for using it, and no additional bill to pay each month.  I've had mine for YEARS.  I would wait and make sure they have the $40 offer if you are planning on doing it though - if it is available now - grab it while it's around. 

I shop Target quite a bit, only 2 miles away - 5% sure adds up

cweiner31
Rewards Guide

Just my opinion that the Target red card is a poor deal. Target usually has a couple of days in December when they sell their own gift cards for 10% off. Plus many major credit cards offer new customers a $200 bonus nowadays if they spend enough in the first 3 months or so. Also, I had a Target red card a few years ago and I had a minor issue (I don't remember what it was) and the customer service was shockingly bad. I remembered thinking that if I had a major issue, they would not be very helpful. I hope it works out better for you.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

Thanks, @FelskyNY! I’ll definitely keep watching for the next big offer. 
I also live very close to Target about 0.3 mile away, so I often walk there when I’m not buying anything too bulky or heavy. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Xiao  Oh I'm jealous - but I think I would be there ALL THE TIME!

I do walk to 7-11, Shoprite, Lidl and CVS - so I can't be too jealous.  

I actually grabbed a FA yesterday at Target too (BOUNTY Paper Towels!!!!!!! 6=18 pack) - so I was thrilled!  You have to use it for a week and then complete a part 2 to get reimbursed, but I'm comfortable doing that. 

0 Likes