cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

typical LONNNNG-&$$ drawn out Ibotta shopping trip BUT...

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I was at a Whole Foods just a few hours ago, I only needed 5 more offers for my Weekend Wonderland, I was dead set on getting both the Beyond Meat ground beef and the 2-pack of burger patties; 2 different Core bars that were Ibotta FAOs; and maybe 1 thing of Tate's bake shop (non-gluten free) cookies.  What I hoped would be a 30-45 minute trip turned into a 1.5-2 hour deal because this particular Whole Foods carried NO Core bars -  really odd!  While I had the 2 Beyond items already in my basket - the 2 main prizes I was after anyway - I considered alternatives to the other 3 items I intended to buy (I decided to pass on Tate's 4 another day). I was quite interested in buying 3 Honey Stinger waffle cookies but - wonder of wonders! - those weren't available either.

Fast forward to checkout and the receipt scan! Ibotta credited me for TWO Beyond Burgers but NO Beyond Meat - THAT was the biggest prize of the day.  Of course I disclaimed the 2nd 2B & scanned the barcode for BM.  Then I had to wait 1.5-2 hours 4 my receipt to process.

WHEE-YOO! I finally found at roughly 844p my receipt got processed

Screenshot_20211205-221847.jpg

Screenshot_20211205-222147.png

Screenshot_20211205-190557.png

after spending almost $28 I got $9.50 in base cash back from Ibotta, $5 (Weekend Wonderland bonus) and $4.53 from Fetch Rewards for 2 different Beyond Meat offers 🤑😹

Finally got 1 of those whoppin' 2¢ offers from Swagbucks for Beyond Meat ground beef, a real brag-worthy hunting trophy bag..., NAWWWWT! 😺🐵😀😁😆😂🤣😄 Also, Swagbucks incorrectly regarded me as claiming credit for another one of their whoppin' 2¢ offers (Barilla pasta)😹😂😁😆

22 Replies

Re: typical LONNNNG-&$$ drawn out Ibotta shopping trip BUT...

Janet1964
Super Saver

@RCKCreatEnt 

That was me at Kroger on Saturday. It did not process until late Sunday afternoon.

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I am glad you were able to get your credit for the Beyond meat. I have seen this product at my stores but never tried it. Does it taste good and is the texture the same as regular ground beef? I am interested in trying it but I am afraid to spend the money on it because my husband won't try it if he knows it isn't real meat nor will my children. If they can tell it isn't real beef, it will just end up in the garbage as I can't eat it all by myself before it would spoil.

0 Likes

Lollykins
Core Shopper

@Marethundsabre  The Beyond neat product does not have the texture of real beef, and the flavor is also slightly different IMO.  I'm a beef eater but have tried a lot of smeat (simulated meat) products for surveys/reviews.  The closest you will get to the flavor and texture of real meat are the Impossible products.

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@Lollykins,

Thanks for the information. I will have to try the Impossible brand sometime.  Been wanting to try some of the plant based "meats" but wasn't sure if it would be a waste of money because of my family's aversion to anything new or healthy. I will have to try it. Maybe I can also get the Beyond product and mix it with regular ground beef in a meatloaf to see if they notice the difference. Maybe I will be surprised and they will like it.

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Marethundsabre I don't think I ever had a 'smeat' ground beef product I didn't like - now 'smeat' chicken breast and pulled pork is best eaten reasonably quickly, but I digress 

anyway last night I opened both the Beyond Meat & a thing of Litelife 'smeat' ground beef & cooked them together then poured the remainder of a jar of Bertolli 3?-5? cheese pasta that hung around maybe 2-3 months. This has become my routine for 'smeat' ground beef since I first started buying it a little over a year ago 

@Lollykins I've been going to town with your new 'smeat' portmanteau! 

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 I guess I have to consider myself lucky

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Marethundsabre maybe buy 1 thing of Beyond MeatBALLS and see if you can get your hubby to at least try one, or even if you do make a pasta sauce with 'smeat' ground beef AND you can't trick the rest of your family into trying and liking it, a 'meat sauce' from 1 'smeat' ground beef is good for 3-4 days of leftovers and/or take along to work 

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@RCKCreatEnt,

Wow, that's a great idea to try too. Thanks, I am always looking for new ways to cook. I bet my husband won't notice "smeat" as much covered in Alfredo. I make my own from scratch and my husband is crazy over it. It's funny because he doesn't know I use oatmilk and plant butter. I have made it with real milk too but not since my 10 month old was 6 weeks as he is anaphylactic to dairy. I put the oatmilk in a sanitized milk jug I bought off Amazon. I am going to try your idea when my husband gets home from Minnesota. I think he will never know.

southlake
Saver

I went to Whole Foods today, too, looking for the CORE bars. They didn't have them. Not even a spot on the shelf in the refrigerator. I feel misled into going to Whole Foods to look for them when WF doesn't carry them. Luckily I was already at Target across the parking lot so I didn't drive there for a special trip, but still annoying that I went in there to look for them and wasted my time.

I have several FAO offers for Target and Safeway and can NEVER find them because they aren't carried there. Why advertise for items that aren't carried??