cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Virtual Visa question

Mikosmama
Saver

I just received 2 of my $5 Virtual Visa cards from the Bic rebate, but I’m not sure how to go about using them. I just assumed you would put the card number and info into the credit card section when paying for an online order. I just tried that when placing a Walgreens order, however it didn’t accept it because there wasn’t enough money to pay for the whole order. Does anybody have any insight on what your supposed to do with these? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Virtual Visa question

mmoore01
Super Saver

Many online merchants don't let you pay for something with more than one credit or debit card.  One thing you can do is buy something for less than $5.

Stores like Walmart won't take a virtual debit card as payment because they don't let you enter in the numbers.  I actually had a debit card rebate that specifically said it was not good at Walmart. 

The last time I got a couple virtual gift cards (Listerine rebate last year), I had three $5 virtual debit cards.  I ended up making purchases online for less than the $5 amount.  I think my wife bought a couple of spools of thread at JoAnns for Pickup, so I didn't have to pay for delivery.

I really don't like them.  You don't always get the full $5 back.

Some online rebates are now allowing PayPal as payment.  I believe the General Mills Nature Valley bar rebate was like this.  To me, that is a better way to rebate the money.  Virtual Debit cards are not cool.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Saver

@mmoore01 , I agree PayPal is a much better way to get a rebate! Thank you all for your help! @FelskyNY , Walmart Pay did actually let me put the number in to my account but I deleted it from there. I’m too worried that it would be rejected at checkout if my stuff is more than $5. What I was able to do was order $5 gift cards from Walmart. So it seemed to have worked for now! Thank you all for taking the time to help me!

14 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Core Shopper

@Mikosmama 

The last time I used a virtual credit card prior to using for an online purchase I had to register the card or cards. Then I was able to use online. I received my virtual cards from an Auto Zone offer. 

Spread Kindness

OBSHOP
Northern Mississippi
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Shopping Enthusiast

@Mikosmama   Yeah the digital cards can be tricky - sorry I can't be of help on that one.  Can you add them to your Walmart wallet or something similar.  Ask @mmoore01   He may know best.

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Super Saver

Many online merchants don't let you pay for something with more than one credit or debit card.  One thing you can do is buy something for less than $5.

Stores like Walmart won't take a virtual debit card as payment because they don't let you enter in the numbers.  I actually had a debit card rebate that specifically said it was not good at Walmart. 

The last time I got a couple virtual gift cards (Listerine rebate last year), I had three $5 virtual debit cards.  I ended up making purchases online for less than the $5 amount.  I think my wife bought a couple of spools of thread at JoAnns for Pickup, so I didn't have to pay for delivery.

I really don't like them.  You don't always get the full $5 back.

Some online rebates are now allowing PayPal as payment.  I believe the General Mills Nature Valley bar rebate was like this.  To me, that is a better way to rebate the money.  Virtual Debit cards are not cool.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Shopping Enthusiast

@mmoore01   I agree - I dont like them either. I usually use them for shipping on a trial size product just to use it. 

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Super Saver

On a side note, you could place an order through Ibotta to Walgreens for a small amount.  You could set it up for pickup so there is no delivery charge.  If you do it right, you might be able to get the amount very close to the $5. 

You may lose a few cents not using the full $5 amount, but you will earn 1% back from Ibotta on your order AND a count toward any bonuses.

There are quite a few items at Walgreens under $5.  Just don't do items with an Ibotta rebate.  I don't think Ibotta will accept an online order receipt for an in-store rebate.  I save those items for when I go to pick up my order.

Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Saver

@mmoore01 , I agree PayPal is a much better way to get a rebate! Thank you all for your help! @FelskyNY , Walmart Pay did actually let me put the number in to my account but I deleted it from there. I’m too worried that it would be rejected at checkout if my stuff is more than $5. What I was able to do was order $5 gift cards from Walmart. So it seemed to have worked for now! Thank you all for taking the time to help me!

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Super Saver

@Mikosmama 

Thanks for that idea.   I should be getting a BIC gift card, too.

I seem to remember someone suggesting buying gift cards over a year ago, but some debit cards won't allow that.

Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Saver

@mmoore01 , yes I wasn’t sure it would work! I had my doubts. I will let you know if the orders end up getting canceled.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

epinney
Rewards Hunter

Walgreens is also on Doordash, but if you have free delivery on there it's still usually over $12. But those receipts are just like in store, but delivered. I've gotten a couple quick bonuses going that route on a deadline.