cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAGS: Purex Crystals;3 for $2.50 with Save 11/14 MQs [thru 11/28/21]

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Walgreens:

3 Purex Crystals (21 oz);  Sale 3 for $6 less $2.50 MQ (WYB2) less $1  MQ = $2.50 for all 3

“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.”
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: WAGS: Purex Crystals;3 for $2.50 with Save 11/14 MQs [thru 11/28/21]

Rickibotta
Deal Master

So WAGS made my trip an unpleasant one.

I was trying to use two Purex coupons to purchase items;  one $2.50 WYB2 <and> $1 off one.  This is a cashier I know and often interact with, so while it seems somewhat adversarial, it was just her trying to do her job.

First, we tussled over what the meaning of the coupon text below means because she said I could only use one coupon for all three Purex.:

• "limit (1) coupon per purchase of specified product and quantity stated"

I tried explaining that  it means "limit 1 coupon for each purchase of 2 Purex crystals'", and the point of this wording is to say you can't stack coupons on the same 2 Purex Crystals)

Then, we tussled over the definition of identical.  The manufacturer further limits by stating:  "LIMIT OF ONE (1) IDENTICAL COUPON PER SHOPPING TRIP", and the cashier explained to me that is why I couldn't use the $1 coupon on the 3rd one.  <sigh, and long sigh>   I put the two coupons next to each other , and asked her if those two coupons were identical.  Now this is the best part.   She said yes....lolol.    I explained  to her what it really means.  She told me I was wrong and I told her she was, and we both laughed.

Finally, she is trying to scan the one $2.50 MQ, and it beeps.  An associate of hers was helpful enough to tell me that coupons sometimes fail when you are getting things too cheaply.  <triple sigh>   I ignored her and asked the cashier what was that beep all about.   She told me 'well do you often hear beeps accompanying good news', and that seemed spot on.  She said it merely said 'INVALID', but she did agree to override it to give me the one coupon,

At the end of the day, I ended up paying  $3.50 for 3, and I was okay with that.  

“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.”
0 Likes