cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walgreens - Gillette Deodorant

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 @cjwoody 

I personally don't like the name Walgreens Cash because cash doesn't expire.   In addition to points expiring a year after they are earned, if you do not use any points in 6 months, you forfeit all your points.  

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta  Well said!  One way that I get myself out of the EB/RR time bomb situation is through Ibotta.  So if there is, say, a $5 IB FAO at Walgreens, I can unload a $4 RR to pay, $1 oop, and then redeem $5 from IB to net a freebie.  Any other ways to exit the ride with savings intact? 🎡

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody 

When I want to bail, it depends how much RR I have.

If it is $2 or under, I get the Arnold Palmer drinks when they are e for $1 or 69¢.

If it is $4 or $5, I buy the 12 roll of Angel Soft for $4.99

Or I use it if there is a BIC razor deal that give me most of the money back somewhere like C51 after DQs

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

For all you Walgreens shoppers, here are a couple of other deals to help you get your WW and The Climb bonuses:

Buy 2 Head and Shoulders BOGO50 with regular price of $5.99 (for me this price is online only, so I would order for in-store pickup. In store, my price is $6.99) So it’s $5.99+2.99=8.98-3.00 DC- 4.00 RR- 2.00 IB= free plus tax. *please note, if you are doing the Gillette deodorant deal make sure to do them in separate transactions and don’t use the RR’s you earned on either of these on the other since it is the same P&G deal.

Next up, Airheads ropes. 2.29-.75 IB- 1.60 SK= -.06 plus tax.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama

I'm seven kinds of Smuckers over here.  My WAGS does not carry 5 or 6 oz bags so the SK is a no-go for me.

0 Likes

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Mikosmama can you expand on the rule against using $4 RR earned from Gillette against a H&S purchase (or vice versa)? 😭 I would have totally fallen into this trap.

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody  The Head & Shoulders and the Gillette are both part of the P&G deal of buy 2 get $4 RR. So if you bought 4 of those items in one transaction it would trigger just one RR. Also, with Wags you can’t typically roll one RR into another deal of the same brand and amount. So if you used your $4 RR from the deodorant, it would not trigger another RR because that was from the same deal. I hope I’m explaining this ok. Sometimes I think it makes sense it my head but the words I put down don’t make sense to others.

F3DFBBA9-2A5A-41B1-9FEF-C10E2C2E5631.png

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Mikosmama I see, makes sense!  So it looks like all of the products on that page are from the same P&G deal?  I think that explains why I had an error in-store yesterday.  I used $4 earned from Crest to partially pay for the Gillette deal, but the new $4 RR did not spit out.  The associate had a manger assist me at a different register.  He rang up the two items again and finalized the transaction somehow - it spit out a $4 RR, and he gave it to me.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody @Mikosmama 

Colgate-palmolive is a competitor of P&G. so I wonder if u could use RR from one for the other. (Colgate and crest I mean.....usually it becomes more clear when you see the verbiage on the RR that names the offer)

0 Likes

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta  Good point.  I just looked closely at the $4 RR that I received in the Gillette deal.  It indicates “Compliments of P&G and Colgate-Palmolive”.  😫😫