cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Receipt Redemption

mickootay
Rewards Guide

I'm posting this here as I have no idea where else to post it. 

@LaraL ...I had scanned a few items off my Walmart list in the store, but changed my mind and didn't buy all the items I scanned. I finished my shopping and when I submitted my receipt to ibotta,  ALL the items I scanned to verify BEFORE purchase showed up as though I had bought them. I had to manually remove them and submit my receipt.  Just letting you know that this is the first time it has happened, and maybe you want to look into it before it is taken advantage of. 

7 Replies

Re: Walmart Receipt Redemption

Mikosmama
Core Shopper

@mickootay , this happened to me a couple weeks ago too! I thought it was so strange. But I made sure to take it off the list before submitting. I didn’t even think to let them know about this glitch! Good thinking!

mmoore01
Deal Expert

This use to happen quite a bit a couple years ago.  I haven't seen this in a while, so I thought they fixed this.  It almost sounds like an old function from an older version got linked into the current app.

Hope this is not true.

mickootay
Rewards Guide

@mmoore01 I'm seeing a few changes on the page, so I don't know if ibotta is trying a new layout, and if there are a few glitches involved. This hasn't happened to me before, and I just had to report it. 

0 Likes

TXbelle
Rewards Guide

This has happened to me alot at various stores -- Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart. It's easy enough to tell the algorithm/bot reading the receipt that no I didn't buy that item. I look at it as a teachable moment for the bot.

Savingcraze
Core Shopper

This may have been going on for awhile. Here's a link to another post that is similar, might help @LaraL  narrow down the tech issue.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/never-receive-pampers-deal/m-p/21150#M12257

MelissaR
Rewards Guide

I had this happen a few wks ago.  I always go over the list to make sure everything is correct and take a screenshot of my verified offers before hitting submit..  I was quick draw that day, as I didn't realize when I initially scanned my receipt, it picked up an offer for an item I didn't purchase.   Once my receipt cleared, I did not get credit for that item.  Wheeew!  I was ready to send a ticket. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I wasn't aware this was happening so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll mention it next time I have the ears of our development team.