cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s with the new Fetch app update?

Mar45
Deal Sharer

I may be late to the party, but has anyone else noticed the Social tab in the Fetch Rewards app? I guess one of my contacts linked his number with the app, so now anyone who is connected with him and uses the app can see exactly where he shops and how much he spends and vice versa. Seems like an intrusive feature. Is there any way to opt out?

28 Replies

Re: What’s with the new Fetch app update?

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Yes. I noticed it yesterday.  TMI.

I don't know a way to opt out. It's a beta feature so hopefully that  feature gets fixed.

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

@Mar45 

Me too! I'm new to Fetch(2nonths) and I liked the summary page. This beta page showed up with 2 names I have no clue who they are.  I fired off a problem report asking where the other page went  and edited my app review from 5 to 2 stars. Then found my weekly/monthly/yearly summary page. I reverted my review back to 5  stars. But seriously forcing me to be "social" is not cool.

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

Creepy! You can unlink from a “friend.” So you can take them all off.

Mar45
Deal Sharer

Thanks @Edawn24! I just disconnected from them via their profile.

This is such an odd feature. If you want to have the social aspect, I feel like others should have to send a request to connect so that you can accept/decline. I just noticed this today and had no idea this person was able to see all of my shopping history for the receipts I submitted to Fetch.

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

@Edawn24 

How? I never linked anyone in the first place. I am not very tech savvy so please help me. 

0 Likes

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

@Mar45 , @Edawn24 

Thanks both of you.  I just did the same and now I am Fetchfriendless.

But when I chose to join the Ibotta community, I got lots of friends. That's the difference--choice.

Nique
Skilled Saver

It just changed for me in the last hour and I do not like it at all.

Took some fumbling around to find my receipts. That’s the most important thing to me.

Amckinney7
Rewards Guide

Thanks, I just checked mine and a random person was linked. I just unlinked. Not sure why they would add this

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

Not me running to Fetch only to find everything the same!  Where is the social tab?  I need to know if I’m fakefetchfriended with anyone - because they have to go. Lol

0 Likes