cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 8MM at Target Colgate optic white

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl Ahh. So you can still get one into coupons.com if not all the item have MFR attach to it even if same purchase. Good to know, been pondering about that for a while. I just came back from Target trying to do the self checkout with the colgate deal. It didn't prompt for a giftcard. Should I have just scanned one anyway? Would it know to add $5.00 to GC from the deal without actually paying extra for it? I went there twice now and 2 different employee said they couldn't do GC for me. Said I'd have to do it online for store pickup or delivery. I went all the way to press pay without any prompt asking to scan GC. I'm not familiar with the GC adding process. I don't know what to do now. I'm new to couponing deals and this seems like a decent one but I'm so clueless lol

Thanks for your insights

0 Likes

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Hazel @Oh no! It sounds like maybe for some reason your target wasn’t offering them if you got them in the store. Frequently the target online ad will say only pick up or delivery but then if I see a sign in the store advertising the same thing it always works. I suspect your store wasn’t honoring the same deal for the in-store purchases. 
if they are offering the same deal in store it will prompt you to scan a gift card. I just started really couponing less than a year ago and I’m still figuring it out and everybody on this board is super nice so don’t be worried about asking lots of questions! We are all here at the same goal, save lots of money! 

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Hazel and yes that’s right about coupons.com app. As long as you have an item that doesn’t have a coupon attached to it it will totally work. Like with the target offer you could see that two of my toothpaste had coupons attached to them but one did not. I really love the coupons.com app because it just immediately send the money through to your PayPal

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I caved in and did it too.  5 optic white and 1 Keep toothbrush. I was driving past Target anyway.

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@FelskyNY    Nothing like a little peer pressure! 😂 

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@FelskyNY @Shopgirl @mmoore01 @cweiner31   OMG 😳 my deal respawned a 3rd time. I have a Target within walking distance of my house. I guess I’ve got to do it again! 🤷🏼‍♀️ My donation box runneth over!!!

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Tikiki I have a Target just a two block walk from my house too! I Redeemed this thing three times now😀 I guess it’s good I have a lot of toothpaste to donate since I also have a lot of those flipz candy things to donate too!

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl I started very recently like less than a few months ago. I was curious on the couponing deals and saving money especially when I hear about some of you getting them free or near free after the deals. Very exciting! Why pay full price if you can get it cheaper, right? I started getting more into it after watching this movie relating to coupons called Queenpins. Seems like fun and also that feeling of saving, that high. I like it =P

Sucks my store doesn't seem to be honoring it which seems strange in itself. Why the splintered deal options between stores. I assume they all run on the same system but it didn't work for me at self checkout, twice. And the two employee I asked didn't want to do the GC for me. Seems like an easy and straight forward deal too. If I do pickup for the regular price then price match it after, would ibotta still accept redemption? Would that mess with the target GC?

I agree on coupons.com. I like the no min cash back. Downside, it doesn't always stack like ibotta but useful if I needed an extra coupon. I was only able to get one deal in so far. That colgate whitening pen for $10.00 back. It was exhilarating!

Hazel
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY @Tikiki @Shopgirl Wow you guys are getting so much in. I'm so jealous haha. I'm glad you guys are able to do it, very cool

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Hazel You have to be careful with Target.  Online deals don't qualify for in store, unless it says so and if you are doing a pick up, your card has to be linked.  There is also a bag fee with pick up, so be sure you get it reversed.  If you look in your app, it should show that the Optic white qualifies for the gift card.

Better yet, I was talking with my mom's aide and she will take all the toiletries for her church, so I'm very happy.

And yes, a combination of peer pressure and a moneymaker!