cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 8MM at Target Colgate optic white

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Hazel I don’t know how many CVS’s are near you but if you haven’t gotten into the CVS extra bucks game yet you should totally look into it.  I find their stuff is regularly priced at least 50% or more higher than in other stores but they always have weekly specials, often you can combine them with Ibotta rebates And once I figured out how it worked I just use my extra bucks I earn to pay for everything there and usually end up earning more extra bucks to pay for my next transaction. So basically I rarely pay more than a dollar or two at CVS! 

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl At least 2 CVS within acceptable distance. CVS was how I first got into couponing a few months ago when I signed up for an account. They kept sending me coupons and ECBs to spend, trying to lure me in. Well, they got me. I'm hooked! It's now my go-to for couponing deals.

You're right about regular prices being usually higher than many others. But they're decent when they're on sale. Even better with coupons that stack. I like that you're able to stack more than one MFR coupon if you have more than one of the eligible items like BOGOF on BOGOF. I love that the CVS store coupon also stack on top of MFR. Then it's great when those items get ECBs back. Best when they come out to FAO or MM.

Even better when the weekly special coupon is 30% or 40% off one item or spend X on X purchase, I usually prefer the latter. % off comes after the $ coupons, which doesn't stack well. I noticed it's not bad for some higher priced items that offer ECBs back, like Colgate whitening pen when they have $20 ECB so the %off and the usual Colgate coupons take it down to near FAO or MM. It also stacks with CDC cash back when they align. That was actually my first big MM I did. FAO with ECB from CVS then $10 MM from CDC. I didn't have Ibotta at the time, maybe there was more MM to be had.

Sometimes I get the free beauty item worth up to $5 and match it up with other deals for MM. I learned that if you shop in store, the spend threshold is before coupons but would be after coupons if ordering online. That was crucial because deals like $4 off $20 stack better or meeting the spend threshold for EBs like $10 EB WYS $30. Then the other coupons reduces the price further to FAO or MM.

I love rolling ECBs especially for new deals that offer ECBs back. I learned that you get a week to send to card (S2C) when you get the ECB and a month of time before expiration after you S2C. So I wait until the last day before S2C to get the max 5 weeks before expiration. It helps if you need to take a break (couponing is exhausting! 😂) or waiting for a better deal to come along before having to spend the ECB or lose it.

(Edit addendum: I'm now noticing that after the checkout with any ECB back, if you go to one of those coupon center machine to scan your EC card for any surprise in-store coupon, your ECB turned into PQ status. It's still DQ but has a month to S2C instead of the usual 1 week. I'm going to try to wait on one near the end of that month's expiration to S2C and see if I can get another month out of it. Or S2C when I need to use it and see if that month extension applies before actual use.)

I don't like the new beauty club monthly rewards. I preferred the old 10% back after spending $30 threshold. The reward now is free beauty item tied to limited selection and it's not usually good. Also, soooo many free toothpastes omg haha. 

I'm new to Ibotta, gonna try match them with both now for even more savings! Learning a lot from everyone here to utilize Ibotta more. Thank you

0 Likes

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Hazel you clearly have the extra bucks CVS game down! That is a great tip about waiting to send it to your card, I had never even thought about that!  I recently had so many digital coupons and discounts apply to one transaction, but you know at the register you have to select upfront whether or not you want to use extra bucks, I didn’t realize the entire transaction was going to be completely free just because of all of the coupons. I called customer service and they refunded all the extra bucks I had mistakenly applied. I’m constantly amazed how many things I get for free just buy rolling my extra bucks😬. I also really don’t like the new beauty club award! I would much rather have the extra bucks to spend on some thing I can actually use rather than whatever item they are offering that month! Usually that I do not need or want so I just end up donating it. 

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl The couponing at CVS is still a bit overwhelming to me. Still trying to find a process to make it easier for sorting and doing the deals properly. Sometimes so many deals roll into one like you were saying haha. I usually use the self checkout and they prompt you on the ECB to use. I wish they show you the details of the transactions first, like which Q applied or the subtotal so I know how much to apply. Once you say "No" to the ECB to apply as you go through them, you can't reselect them again unless you get a staff to void the transaction and do it again.

I also recently found out but maybe not yet confirmed fully that at the cashier register, they may be able to selectively void a usage of a coupon if it's tied to a product. This could be useful in some cases if they mix with one of the deals you wanted to do. Recently the colgate coupons overlapped and the extra Q for 0.50 almost messed up the CDC $4 cash back since CDC can't be combined with other MQ. Although I actually don't know if that's for the same MQ or different. Would the 0.50 MQ mess with the CDC's $4 redemption? I don't know about that one yet

I'm also realizing I shouldn't S2C the coupons until I'm ready to use them since they can interfere. But without S2C, there's no link to "shop this deal" to find out which product applies. Oh the conundrum...

There's so many coupons for vitamins haha. Having a hard time trying to find a MM deal with IR on all the messy CVS Q's. I see some Olly's and Nature's but doesn't seem like it'll MM

How many ECB did you build up? It's becoming a juggling act trying to keep rolling them, especially when you build them to a higher amount. Trying to stack them more with IR because at least at the end, IR has actual cash back instead of ECB stuck at CVS

0 Likes

Rosie307
Deal Sharer

For anyone that needs a place to donate the veterans association will pick up your donations just schedule at http://pickupplease.org/slp1/