cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big NO-NO Tip for Newbies

What-Shot
Super Saver

NEWBIES: You likely have been advised to SCAN items in the store to confirm they are eligible for a particular rebate. That is GOOD TIP and I don't disagree. 

But here's the NO-NO Tip: Do NOT scan from the search bar on the app's main screen. Instead, you need to scan from the search-bar of the store you are in. 

Example: If you scan from the main-screen, a particular item you scan may pop up as eligible for an offer, but if that offer is only available at a different store than you are in at the moment, you will be disappointed to learn that it won't MATCH when you scan your receipt. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
4 Replies

Re: A big NO-NO Tip for Newbies

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot  Good idea - and be aware that the Walmart In Store and Walmart Pickup logos look exactly the same.  Be sure your Walmart purchase is good In Store (if that is how you are purchasing it)

Dana
Deal Expert

I scan from the main screen all the time. If you scroll down after you scan it says what stores it's available for. So it doesn't matter where you scan it.

What-Shot
Super Saver

Correct, @Dana, there are multiple ways to accomplish the same outcome, but not everyone (particularly concerned for newbies) takes the time to do the additional step to confirm the store as you described.  This tip is a convenient way for me. 

Not doing this tip could also be one of the reasons so many folks report that their offer "matched" in the store, but wasn't available when they scanned their receipt moments later. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

lawonridge
Shopper

Good tip - I have been caught with this a few times.It would help if the email from ibotta had the store that the offer was in.