cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally purchased a gift card for myself

Donnad002
Shopper

Anyone know how to get my money back from a gift card that I accidentally purchased ? 

10 Replies

Re: Accidentally purchased a gift card for myself

mmoore01
Deal Master

My understanding is that gift card purchases are final.

Sounds like you have an opportunity to get that Christmas gift you really wanted.

0 Likes

Donnad002
Shopper

Problem is I already have a gift card for the same amount 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

You don't ibotta doesn't refund gift cards. You can either use it yourself, give it to someone or sell it on well google it there's a few websites but you will not get the full amount back.

0 Likes

Donnad002
Shopper

I don’t have the card 

0 Likes

Donnad002
Shopper

They never sent it , want me to use the app with a bar code ... how **bleep** is that ? 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@Donnad002  ibotta sends an e gift card you can sell those as well online or take a screen shot and send it to someone.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

Gift card purchases are final. The best advice is to go out and get yourself something nice.  If you sell you will not receive full value for it. 

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

What kind of gift card did you buy

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes

Xavierboaz_000
Rewards Hunter

You should have read their return policy and refund policy before purchasing. I don't think ibotta gives refunds on gift cards. some retailers may refund 90% or less but ibotta doesn't. Gift cards are thought of as non-refundable. At the point when you buy a card, you use it once and stick to what you purchased. By and by, purchasers are given much more space and they can discount most items under the right conditions. Now you don't have any option. keep them. What I suggest is to read the [removed link] by any company, brand, or store before purchasing any item from there.

Tags (1)
0 Likes