cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account locked

mmoore01
Deal Master

I can't find anything wrong in what you are doing, but it really doesn't sound "right".  But who am I to judge.

I don't push referrals.  I have only gotten a few family members to join Ibotta.  Some have already quit because they don't have the time.  But Ibotta (and the other apps) are a hobby for me.  And it saves me and my family money.

Jodi-lozier
Saver

I had the same problem a few days ago when I tried to withdraw for the first time. I entered a ticket. They checked my account and unlocked it. It took a few days. It did irk me that they seemed to think it was fraudulent according to the “helpfultip” they sent possibly from using it too much.

Yesterday I withdrew money. I withdrew to a bank account and also to PayPal. I had read that people have had trouble going directly to the bank account so I tried both. The paypal has posted and I transferred it to the bank. The other is still out there in cyberspace. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Just my 2 cents, some people may purchase products, put in for rebates, get the initial bonus and then return the items.  When that happens, the Ibotta credits that were awarded are reversed.  If you withdraw your funds and then return the items - this is FRAUD.  They are just protecting themselves from individuals who may be taking advantage of the system.  Nothing is a perfect science.

I had a similar problem with Fetch - people were using my referral, getting their $2 and cashing out, over and over again within a 24 hour period.  My account was locked and I was told my money was forfeited. I explained to Fetch this was no fault of my own, and after my submitting proof of my non-fraudulent activities, my account was unlocked.  That is why I NEVER post my referral code for FETCH, unless I am DM'd. 

I hate to say this, but some people are inherently dishonest.  Like Dr. House said - "Everyone lies." 

0 Likes

southlake
Saver

I was locked from my first withdrawal as well ($29) and 6 days later, I'm still locked and no one has responded to my ticket. Very frustrating. I've ceased using Ibotta until I can confirm I will get my money out of it. I bought things specifically because of the Ibotta rebates, so I'm really hoping I'm not out $30 because I trusted in this company! 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@southlake  I hate to say "be patient" because I know sure as Sh.... that if someone told me that it wouldn't  help the matter either.  I've been using Ibotta for 4+ years and have earned over $1400.  I know some people have messaged them on FB - maybe you'll have more luck with that.  

mmoore01
Deal Master

I have been using Ibotta for 5 1/2 years and I have always gotten my money.  Sometimes you have to submit a request and it usually only takes a day or two, but with Covid and the Holidays, they are behind.

They have been responding in about a week.