Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account lockout megathread

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks,

Seems like a lot of you are experiencing an account lockout and waiting to hear back from us. I've inquired about this many times now and the result is always the same; that we all need to be patient as they work through the queue.

I know this isn't convenient, and it's certainly frustrating, however there is no way to expedite this process. Each account that is experiencing this needs to be manually reviewed, and that takes time.

I will start moving any and all threads about this issue into here as I can point to it and internal teams will have a better understanding of the impact it is having on everyone affected.

Note: If you would like to no longer receive updates whenever a new post is added to this thread, click the Topic Options in the upper right above this post and select Unsubscribe.

110 Replies

If someone can explain

LucasH
Shopper

How can Ibotta deactivate user account saying 'Account deactivated based on the review of Ibotta saver data, shopping behavior, payment activity, or account audits' ? When the account is just 3 days old with no offers redeemed or purchases made.

Sounds ridiculous right!

Re: If someone can explain

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Maybe Lara can help @LucasH . Looks like you’re not the first to mention this and I think something happened on their end.

@LaraL Did you all have a glitch? Looks like another one with the same issue.

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Bizarre!

@LaraL 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Hi @LucasH,

While we did have a similar issue earlier with a different account, it seems yours has been reviewed and our teams took the action they felt was needed. I unfortunately do not have any additional information as I'm not part of that team.

0 Likes

LucasH
Shopper

@LaraL 

Thank you for checking.
Account was reviewed & found no data older than 3days. Ridiculous on ibotta part.

0 Likes

LucasH
Shopper

@LaraL Can I create new account now or I am banned forever as my phone number was registered for the 3day old deactivated account ?

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

I wouldn't recommend it, it's likely to be banned as well.

0 Likes

my account was deactivated

tiffanymcnutt47
Shopper

my account was deactivated because I guess they said one of my referrals used the same account or purchase info I guess where I tried to help my mom sign into her account when her phone messed up she had trouble downloading the app it is why and said we used the same receipts but when I tried it wouldn't go through i threw them away i was never rewarded for them i was really enjoying the app.

0 Likes

Re: my account was deactivated

LaraL
Community Manager

From what I can tell, which is limited, you redeemed the referral credit from two borderline identical email addresses. Sounds like they already sort of conveyed that to you. I'm unable to reinstate accounts but you can try submitting a ticket and explain the error. There's a chance they will review and overturn it.