cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 3 month in a row being flagged

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I spoke with someone in our Care team about this just a few minutes ago, sounds like they're responding to your ticket now and already unlocked your account. Apparently it is recommended that you wait a few days to withdraw after these very large trips. I know that's not ideal but that's the best way to avoid setting anything off that could lock your account.

0 Likes

Re: If someone can explain

LaraL
Community Manager

The turnaround time on the tickets related to locked accounts is definitely longer than normal, but my understanding is they are still working through them.

0 Likes

Re: PayPal withdrawal error

LaraL
Community Manager

All I can tell is that you are locked out, but I'm not sure why, @Deedee1. The team handling these are working through a massive queue so it might take a few days for a response. Sorry for the delay.

0 Likes

Kimberstar23
Deal Sharer

@LaraL  yes ma’am, I received an email from them about 10 min ago. What you just said makes complete sense and I understand that and I’m pretty sure that is exactly what has been happening. Right after I get credited from the big shopping trip, I immediately try to transfer the earnings and get flagged. If I can make a suggestion for you to pass on......I think the generic response emails we receive from the care team need to be worded much differently!! The email I received not long ago said “As a security measure, we have increased the validation period for Ibotta accounts. Please try to withdraw your earnings in a few days.” I received this email all three months but had no idea what they meant by validation period (I even asked for clarification on that last month but never received any), and this confused me more because this was the second email I received and the first one being the one that said I was flagged by the automated system and after reviewing my account was unlocked and I had full access to my account and earnings (but when I tried to transfer my earnings I was locked out again). The emails needed to be worded differently and better so that we “regular folks” understand 😂. Had I received an email saying “we increased our validation period for Ibotta accounts. Please wait a few days after receiving credit on large shopping trips before attempting to transfer earnings to allow for the validation period.” from the first month, I wouldn’t have had any issues last month or this month, and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have an overload of tickets. 
Now that I understand the problem (thank you soooooo much Lara), I will plan for not having access to the earning for a few days after my shopping trips and wait to try and transfer them.

Thank you again and have a wonderful blessed Friday and weekend 🥰❤️

LaraL
Community Manager

That's very valuable feedback, I appreciate it. I'll pass this along to the team that handles messaging and maybe we can get it adjusted. Thank you!

0 Likes

Kimberstar23
Deal Sharer

@LaraL  ugh, so I tried to transfer my earnings and received the error message again. The only reason I went ahead and tried to transfer the earnings is because it has been 4 days since I received the credit and in April and May I was finally able to successfully transfer my earnings after I received the email I received less than an hour ago. Do I need to create another ticket and have to wait another 4-5 days? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

I just asked about this, one moment. No need to submit another ticket, at least not yet.

0 Likes

I’m so confused

RTYL21
Shopper

So I’m soo confused right about now. I tried transferring funds to my PayPal earlier this week and was able to. I kept getting a error message. I was told that there was an influx on tickets which is understandable. But why when I returned to my submitted tickets they closed them out with no resolution. Can anybody help me with this

0 Likes

Re: PayPal withdrawal error

Storkie9
Shopper

I submitted a ticket yesterday. Thank you for your response and help. I’m sure it will take several business days for the Ibotta team to look at it. I did receive an automated email response. Again @LaraL @thank you for your response and time! Have a blessed day!

LaraL
Community Manager

@Kimberstar23 once your account is unlocked again, I recommend giving it until sometime next week.

0 Likes