cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account lockout megathread

MarytheBaker
Shopper

Thank you! I became locked out after Memorial Day weekend, after years of no problems. I wrote in and got a response several days later telling me it had been restored and explaining that I had a high unusual occurrence of referrals. Well I did, I posted online and I was in line in the Dollar General with a large group of people buying supplies we had the threat of flooding. I thanked them for unlocking me and went on about my shopping to discover that no my earning weren't unlocked. So that was 48 hours ago, so we will see how long it takes to get a response again and if they actually unlock them. Also I know 17 people personally who can't withdraw either, of those 6 have gotten responses telling them they had been restored but none have actually been able to withdraw. This is incredibly frustrating. I just finished counting in my inbox, I have 75 emails from ibotta in the last 5 days, someone has the time to compose those, they're not completely auto generated somebody has to put them together. If they are having a problem big enough for the community to have a Megathread on it, it might be time to pull some people from those emails ann fix what's going on within their community and users first.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@MarytheBaker sorry to hear you've been going through so much frustration over this, I know first-hand that it can be very time consuming. The account lockout issue is something the whole company is aware of and we've been working to remediate. There are still some accounts that need to be looked into, but the team handling these cases is certainly catching up, it just takes time when we receive tickets in the thousands and each account needs to be reviewed manually.

0 Likes

Claitsi
Rewards Hunter

I found this thread which explains why I all of a sudden cannot withdraw my earnings. I have been using Ibotta forever and have never had my account locked. Apparently it's super hard to get it unlocked?

This is pretty terrible UX - at the very least, warn the user before it gets this far. Ibotta should allow us access to the rebate funds we have accumulated (and they themselves have verified) if they are going to render the account useless until they themselves can figure out the auditing issues. I received this message and responded to explain I am a couponer, but honestly, I have no idea what kind of " proof" I need to provide to have my account unlocked. If Ibotta does not want us to frequently use the app, what is the point?

"Upon review of your account, we have noticed unusual behavior in regard to the value or frequency of receipt submissions.

Please provide us with any information you can in order to help us make a decision regarding your account. Please note, your account will remain locked until we receive your response and complete our review."

I did receive a response within 2 days, which was nice, but I am not sure how much back and forth or how long it will take for the second response. This is just not a great way to handle these audits, especially in the case where users are not abusive.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

It's not "super hard" to get an account unlocked. This thread was created when we were running a promotion and many accounts were seeing a lockout due to their activity with the promotion. From what I can tell someone started to look into your account yesterday, and it also sounds like they already responded to you. I would share any information you feel is relevant to your recent transaction(s) that might help them resolve and unlock your account.

Personally I know the messaging is vague so I'd take pictures of the items and receipts you still have around from the past week or so and that should probably help.

0 Likes

Claitsi
Rewards Hunter

Thanks for your response, @LaraL. I haven't seen a Care Team response since the vague messaging about frequent receipts uploads, but yes I did receive a response in only 2 days and sent in my response just yesterday morning, so I am hopeful.

There has been an ongoing promotion during this last week as well for a series of bonuses on Ibotta, so I would suspect that a lot of couponers are submitting several receipts.

I hope you're right and the Care Team will respond with whatever requirements I need to fulfill for my account to be 'unlocked'.

I wanted to express my feedback about how the lockout is handled. There isn't any real information provided about why you all of a sudden cannot withdraw funds and I wasted a lot of time adding/removing my bank info, refreshing, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app to make sure I hadn't done something wrong. It completely disrupted my user experience and gave me an anxious feeling to go from thinking I had saved all this money to thinking I had done something bad and now would be unable to access any of it. I think Ibotta is awesome and there is only so much you can expect from a 'free' rebate app, but I do think there is a better way to communicate these lockouts to the user. A warning beforehand or even a better worded error message would have been so much less confusing.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I actually 100% agree with the way it's handled. I'll pass your feedback to the team that handles these cases, I think it's important that we improve this process.

Claitsi
Rewards Hunter

@LaraL Thank you for passing along my feedback.

https://imgur.com/IF3O5eN 

https://imgur.com/C6BvHVG 

If it helps, these are the messages received when locked out. I really think they should be more specific or at least direct the user to definitely open a ticket instead of imply there is already something being done.

ashleytrinidade
Rewards Hunter

I’ve been trying to cash out funds on my account and have sent in a ticket but I haven’t heard back. This thread is making me think that my account may be locked. The only thing I can think of is I’ve been submitting for more rebates lately because I had some great bonuses I was trying to finish before they expired. Is it possible to check and see if that’s the case? I haven’t heard from support so I have no idea what’s going on. I’ve used Ibotta for years and have never had any problems.

0 Likes

Ibottalottastuf
Rewards Hunter

@LaraL My ticket number is 10001157. I can’t withdraw my money to my PayPal nor redeem for any gift cards. Can you help me understand what is going on and what I need to do? How long do I have to wait to transfer my funds? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@ashleytrinidade looks like your account was reviewed on the 10th, do you have access now?

@Ibottalottastuf it looks like you're not currently locked either, from what I can tell. Also on the 10th.

0 Likes