cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my account was deactivated

tiffanymcnutt47
Shopper

what email addresses? I guess i am not understanding. could it be where my dad signed up but his email address uses my moms name? that is the only thing i can think of. and im not trying to complain i just dont understand and need help figuring out what i need to do. thank you.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Honestly I don't know as I'm not working on that team, that's just what I'm speculating from glancing at your account. I did send a message to that team asking for them to provide more communication on these account lockouts, but again, it's not up to me. Submitting a ticket, if you haven't already, is the best way to contest the lock.

tiffanymcnutt47
Shopper

I just sent in the ticket. Thank you so much for replying. I just want to try and fix it. I also sent in the message that I am able to verify myself and people on both Accounts. My mom tried to log into her account and couldn't. So I went to try on my phone and seen the email for mine. I was and still am upset about it. I would never try to do anything that would go against anything. I really hope it can be fixed. again thank you so much for replying.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Yeah one ticket is really all you'll need about the account lock, so I'm glad you submitted one. As for a response time, I would expect it to take awhile as we have a LOT of tickets about this issue and each one needs to be investigated individually. Let me know what you hear back from our Care team, but in the meantime I wouldn't recommend waiting with bated breath as it will take some time.

0 Likes

3 month in a row being flagged

Kimberstar23
Deal Sharer

I have been with and have been activity using Ibotta since April 2016, from the start up until April of this year, I have never had any issue with my account! Never had a problem transferring funds, submitting receipts, or especially being flagged. Well, this past April after my once a month big shopping trip (this is when i utilize the Ibotta offers) when I submitted my receipt and received the credit to my account and tried to transfer the funds to my PayPal, I received a “something went wrong” error message. I tried different increments, transferring to a gift card, and even went through the process of removing and reentering my PayPal information and still kept getting the error message. Submitted a ticket and after a couple of days got a generic email response saying my account was flagged by the automated system and after reviewing they reinstated full access to my account and funds. So I went and tried to transfer the funds and again received the same error message. So I had to create another ticket, wait another day or two to receive another generic email response saying basically the same thing as the first email response. After the second ticket and email I was able to finally successfully transfer the funds to my PayPal.

Last month, after my once a month big shopping trip the exact same thing happened again when trying to transfer the funds to my PayPal. I had to go through the submit ticket process twice just like the previous months and wait numerous days before I was able to successfully transfer the funds to my PayPal.

Here we are in June, and Tuesday I did my monthly big shopping trip and when I tried to transfer the funds I received the same error message. I already submitted a ticket and have yet to get the same generic response email. Last month after if happened, when I submitted my first and second ticket, I specifically asked why this is happening to me now. Of course I never got a response/answer. When I submitted my ticket Tuesday, I asked again why after 5 years of use and not a single issue am I all of the sudden being flagged after each shopping trip. I don’t expect an answer this time either seeing as how they just click the generic response email they want to send and send it. 
Has anyone else had this problem/happen to them recently more than once? Has anyone asked why and actually gotten an answer? I love Ibotta, the extra $100 or more dollars each month I get from using the app helps me out so much. I just don’t understand why now?!?! Why have 5 $1-$1.50 rebate offers on protein/nutrition bars if your going to flag a person for claiming all 5 offer max amount of times allowed!! How do people have $20,000.00 lifetime earnings if you can only redeem a few offers here and there so you don’t get flagged and have to spend days dealing with it??

Sorry, I’m beyond upset and annoyed this happened again and the fact that I can’t get an answer from the “help desk” makes it worse. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Re: 3 month in a row being flagged

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Here's a thought.  Wait at least 2 to 3 days after getting your credits to do your transfer. Don't do it the same day as receiving your funds so as to avoid the system from thinking you are doing something fraudulent. Don't try to take it all out. Leave at least a dollar in your account at all times. Also, make sure you check for app updates each time before your transfer.

PayPal withdrawal error

Storkie9
Shopper

When I try to withdraw my earnings to PayPal, I get this message: “Something went wrong. Please use a different email address. Please try again.”

if you had this problem and fixed, please let me know how you did it! I don’t use ibotta as often and I’m trying to avoid their surcharge of $3.99 if I do not use this in 180 days.

Things I’ve done:

-completely logged out of paypal

-made sure that both apps were up to date

-hard restart of my Apple phone.

-the email address for PayPal is correct on the ibotta site.

TIA!! Have a blessed day!

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@Kimberstar23 You are not alone. Several of us have recently been auto flagged for the first time. I’m sorry this is happening to you too.  The Care Team and @LaraL have been great helping to correct the reversals/locks.  Hopefully, these issues will be resolved soon.

0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

That really stinks, I’m sorry you’ve been going through that. I don’t use PayPal so maybe others can assist on that front. I don’t think leaving some money in the account or not has anything to do with it. I would however not open up two tickets. If they don’t resolve it on the first response, respond back to that same email. Lara
@LaraL  do you know what’s causing the PayPal glitch. A new system enhancement maybe to catch fraud that catches others in the cross hairs?

LaraL
Community Manager

@Kimberstar23 this may seem like an odd question but were any of your transactions with the FAO item only that item or were there multiple different items on the receipt? So like with the protein bars, was it only those on the receipt or no?

0 Likes