cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aisle scammed me

southlake
Saver

Hi friends,

I saw this cash back program mentioned here so I wanted to post here about my experience with Aisle (TextAisle). You send pictures of your receipt via text to TextAisle and they Venmo you cash back, usually the next day in my experience. I have received three payments from them.. $1, $3, and $4 for items I had purchased on their list. They seemed legit.

I went ahead and bought $24 (!) worth of stuff on their list on Wed 8/11 and submitted my receipt ASAP. Aisle texted back the next morning that I would be receiving the $24 reimbursement + $5 bonus on them, but that "Venmo payments were delayed," but also that I would "get my money ASAP." Usually the Venmo payment arrives within a few minutes of the confirmation text.

"Delayed" and "ASAP" contradict each other, so I asked how long were Venmo payments delayed? No response all day until last night at 6:30pm, with just "about a day or so." Ok, so that should put me at this morning (Fri 8/13) to receive the $29 in cash back that I am owed. Still nothing.

I texted Aisle again this morning and again this afternoon, and they haven't responded to either text. They also haven't sent my Venmo. Incidentally, I did send and receive Venmo payments to others yesterday and neither one was "delayed" - my hairstylist received hers immediately, like always. And a friend Venmo'd me which I also received ASAP. So Aisle just isn't sending the money. There is no actual delay with Venmo. 🙄

I'm about to go return the groceries I purchased because $24 is a lot to be out when I bought these particular items ONLY because they were advertised on Aisle with the promise of cash back. Super frustrating. So beware! Any thing over $1-$4 probably won't get paid out. Stick with Ibotta!

107 Replies

Re: Aisle scammed me

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@southlake  I was one of the first to post about Aisle here and considering you have waited 1 day since they informed you of a delay, I would try to be patient. I am waiting on $5 from Aisle, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. They acknowledged your receipt. I took their Venmo delay as a problem THEY are having, Not an overall Venmo issue.  I also hope to be reimbursed timely. Hopefully we can all share our results. I wouldn't accuse them of being a scam after only 1 day.

What-Shot
Super Saver

Yesterday I, too, received a message from Aisle that my $4 rebate would be coming asap, albeit delayed. As of today, I am still waiting.

I still expect it to arrive as promised. I hope we both see success soon. Although, if I had made high cost purchases only for the purpose of rebates, I would likely return the items, but only after losing all hope that the rebate would ever come thru.

Prior to this current delay, Aisle awarded me $88 of rebates in a timely manner. I am not ready to throw in the towel, but I will refrain from making new purchases for the purpose of Aisle rebates until this is resolved. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

I am waiting on a $4 and a $6 payment and got the same message yesterday that payments were delayed. I took it the same way as @FelskyNY, that they were a bit delayed themselves in being able to get them out, and not that Venmo itself was delayed. I think they have just grown very considerably, very quickly, hence the reason for taking longer to get payments. I would be very hesitant about calling them a scam since they have been very good about sending other payments. I do appreciate their heads up that there is a delay, though. 

Tikiki
Core Shopper

@southlake I’ve been also waiting on several reimbursements from them. But, just as I was about to respond to this post, I received a text asking me to resend one of the receipts. So, it seems they are working on things. I agree with @FelskyNY @What-Shot @Mikosmama  Aisle has been growing leaps and bounds recently and are likely overwhelmed. Ibotta sometimes says it’ll take up to 48 hours to get reimbursed (although they often come through sooner). I’ve had to open numerous tickets with Ibotta to get the rebates I’ve earned-but I know they’re not a scam. Let’s give Aisle a chance to sort things out. Otherwise, you can always return since you have your receipt…

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Mikosmama  Agreed ! BTW They’re just 3 young entrepreneurs & they need to hire some more help

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

Just received another text from Aisle! Payout on Tuesday 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  Thanks for the update!

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Icequeen813: I could hear Wimpy's voice in your post: "I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday....." 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@What-Shot  Who the h e l l is Wimpy 

0 Likes