cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Aisle scammed me

What-Shot
Super Saver

This is the text I just received from Aisle:

• So sorry about the delay. Our Venmo is currently delayed. You should expect payment on Tuesday. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me at charlotte@gotoaisle.com
~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I think I will sit on the sidelines a while longer.  While OP may have overstated things, the overall concern may be a valid one.  I don't know Tiffin, so I may not jump in just yet.

I personally am not a huge proponent of the cutesy marketing with the funny little remarks.    My first foray into this probably dates back to 2005 with WOOT.   The reason other sites flourish is due to their automation.  If Tiffin starts out doing everything himself, how well has/will that scale as additional employees are doing redemptions.

If new subscribers outpace additional staffing, these delays could persist and lengthen.  I would probably not leave a lot of money at once on the table.  

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta  Tiffin was the Director of Development of Kitu Life for more than 2 yr… Super Coffee..Definitely needs to hire more help.Three twenty something entrepreneurs..  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

Felicia and I have three 20 somethings between us, and I won't speak for her, but I would not want to have to rely on my son being the one who texts me back with my money......lol

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta  depends on the kid 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

Wow.  I never thought of it like that.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   Did I suddenly become step-mom to your son? LOL -  

But really, CEO of your own company is a big deal at any age, and I'd like to think that my sons will someday inherit my work ethic.  That being said, I won't hold my breath to be reimbursed for the Chipotle I picked up last week (although I probably used a GC), but if I conducted a business transaction with one of the boys, I'd be sure that they would reimburse me. 

Funny thing, I pay my mom's aides with Zelle.  I had no problem doing so through Chase, and finally got it set up through her bank (a different NY bank) that has a lower maximum monthly limit. I was at the branch yesterday, and they can't adjust the maximums. I still think that the issues Aisle is having is related to growing pains and max limits (with Venmo).  Time will tell. 

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta @FelskyNY   Maybe Rick was being sarcastic? 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@southlake et al, just received another text from Aisle confirming my purchases, I think they are so swamped, they don’t know who the texted

Tikiki
Core Shopper

I’m still hopeful. But if I don’t get the reimbursements it’s also not the end of the world. Thank you to everyone for posting what you’ve heard. 

0 Likes