cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Aisle scammed me

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

Personally, I can't see them continuing without a transition to an App-based system. The text message format doesn't seem like it can be scaled up, seemly evident by the current conditions.

I used a Windows Phone for a number of years, primarily because of access to app/s, Microsoft Office specifically for work. Ironic, because that was the platforms downfall lack thereof, users like apps.

For a while I was able to keep up with most of the mobile world, by benefiting from a browser that had the most compatibility with websites. However, as more and more companies directed customers to apps, and in some cases limited access to only app users, WP got mothballed and I had to move over. Not a bad thing, because probably in that first month I started using ibotta (circa 2018). 

My point, MS had to go with what users wanted and what they ultimately choose to use. From my standpoint, their (the company in question) system has to be of the 1% as I was when I was a WP user, because I can't think of any other program that uses text messages exclusively to connect with its base. 

It may have been cost effective to launch with the text message method, but it seems so impractical and against the established grain. Matter of time before things change. Plus, with the spate of spam calls that are prevalent now, sure there are umpteen users that abhor giving up there phone number, even albeit for some cashback. 

*Collaborating with an app dev team takes time from the rest of the work day.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

Maybe we should do a start-up where we drive the money to the users?

Nobody does that, so it must be a good idea..

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

southlake
Saver

Completely agree with you, @Saipan . The text based system seems completely antiquated. How much does it cost to develop an app? I really have no idea.

It's been 5 days since I submitted my receipt to Aisle. They've acknowledged it but no payment yet. Not even a text that they are delayed. How long til we get paid again?? Luckily (as I mentioned before), these rebates are for food I already purchase, so no real loss if I don't get paid. But I'm not even sure I'll continue to submit after this because the mental ballgame of repeatedly remembering/wondering if I'm going to get paid $3 is not worth it!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@southlake 

That is part of the fun of an app.  The angst.  Might I interest you in a little app called Swagbucks?

It is guaranteed to make your blood boil.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

southlake
Saver

@Rickibotta I passed on SwagBucks a long time ago 😂

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I actually used some of my Aisle earnings from my Venmo card. Had to pay for my son's parking permit for school - so I had my debit card sitting on my desk and I paid $16 - very proud of myself (and I was too lazy to go upstairs to get my cc #)

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

So............. I must have not remembered, but the actor that played Wimpy in the "Popeye" motion movie picture (Robin Williams, Shelley Duvall, etc...), also a few years later played Samantha's (Molly Ringwald) dad in the motion movie picture "Sixteen Candles".

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan I am lost.  Was that just a random thought?  lol

0 Likes

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

@Rickibotta

This thread has gone through a couple of stages, one being the question of "who is Wimpy". I was attempting to bring some closure to that quandary. I must of failed in my endeavor 😆

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@southlake  I’ve started taking screenshots of their deal and then i write on the screenshot of the receipt (which I can remove if necessary), what’s owed. I have the text thread “evidence “ of what’s been submitted. By my records, they owe me $18. 8/12 $4 for 2 Super Coffees: 8/13 Iwon $8 for 2 bags, Roar $4 for 2 bottles and yesterday’s receipt, which they haven’t acknowledged $2 for 2 La Colombe. I was their biggest fan (ask @FelskyNY ) until I wasn’t. Now they might go in the same pile as Swagbucks if they fail to redeem themselves.