cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Shopping List Savings - New Rebate Option

Dean

I got an email this week about the Alexa Shopping List Savings rebate program added to the Alexa app. Looks like another way to get rebates and not limited to Amazon, but rewards do go to your Amazon gift card balance. Has anyone else seen this or given it a try? I’m not sure I want another shopping app to keep up with but could be a possible replacement for a current unprofitable app (CO51).

https://www.aftvnews.com/amazons-alexa-app-can-now-give-you-money-back-for-offline-grocery-shopping-...

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

17 Replies

Re: Alexa Shopping List Savings - New Rebate Option

ct
Saver

The list in the screenshot seems identical to offers available in coupons dot com. Would it stack in that case?

0 Likes

somecreative
Core Shopper

It’s exact same as CDC. Even the look and process of submitting a receipt. It would be awesome if they could stack but if I had to take a guess I would say this IS CDC but just on Amazon which benefits Amazon because you have to get the amount back on an Amazon gift card therefore the money ends up going to Amazon vs getting cash back. 

Dean

So CDC but with an option for payout other than just PayPal. That might be useful if combined with ASP and you shop Amazon regularly. 

Helpful Links

0 Likes

Dean

A quick update on using this. I tried this last month with the Big G Cereals coupon but it failed with a message to retry submission. I didn’t see what the problem was but it might have been that I had used the similar CVS coupon when buying two Cheerios boxes. I didn’t try again until last Sunday when I bought four cereal boxes at CVS and used one CVS DQ for two boxes. This time I got $1 back through Alexa, probably for the other two boxes on the receipt. The $1 was sent to my Amazon gift card balance. I’m going to try the M&M’S offer next, maybe at Walgreens where the candies are on sale for $1.

What I don’t like is how cumbersome it is to get to the offers. It’s not easy to do from the main shopping list screen. But selecting a category like Cereal which shows having an offer makes it simpler to get to the See All Offers option. The other negative is that Paid and Expired offers aren’t automatically removed. Or at  least I haven’t found how to do it.

CE76D3DE-6490-4B29-813D-95CF390724CF.png

Helpful Links

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@Dean out of curiosity, can you use BOTH the CDC app and the Alexa shopping list savings app (not stacking on the same product, just to give me an extra coupon use, since CDC printables are no longer an option)? Or if you redeem an offer in the CDC app, will it be NLA in the Alexa app?

Dean

@Zombie 

Good question. I don’t know. The receipt is still processing. I can tell you that the Big G Cereal coupon is still in the CDC app even after I redeemed one in Alexa. 

Helpful Links

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Zombie  you can still print from coupons.com, they just removed their link off affiliates (like swagbucks, etc).  Unfortunately you do need to log in to print, and it seems like it's tied to your cell # to verify?  I wanted to print a coupon for ZenWtr, and it said I'd reached my limit. sigh...

I don't do the Alexa list savings, but most of the same offers are over at Bing Rewards (Grocery Cash Back tab).  So I was able to clip the Zenwtr offer from both Bing and coupons app.  I have been able to redeem off both apps, for the same coupon offer; ie the offer doesn't disappear after redeeming off one.  I don't stack them, but like you said, to use for another coupon use.   I will say, the scanning part of Bing is a total pain.  Most of the time, I can't scan the actual product upc.  I was getting fed up once, when I decided to open my tablet, go to brickseek site to search the product.  Then cliced on view barcode, then was able to scan that with my phone to submit! 

With Bing, the reward is added to your acct, and you can then transfer over to paypal at any time, there's no minimum.  I waited til I got to $5 though, then transferred. 

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Thanks for the reminder @Dean .I forgot about this feature after it rolled out. It’s nice to have b.c I don’t use nor want to use PayPal so it at least gives me the option for cdc coupons without needing to print. I’d agree though that getting to that screen in the Alexa app and submitting an offer isn’t straight forward. Figuring out what you were credited for is also not straight forward. I submitted two receipts both for $1 back and one paid out and the other is still processing I think…at least the payout is seamless.

0 Likes

Dean

@Zombie 

So I got $1 for the M&MS coupon but now I don’t see the coupon on the CDC app or site. It may just be coincidence that it was removed at the same time, or it’s not showing for me anymore. I’m liking this option but wish it had all of the coupons shown on CDC. Like @Loves2Save mentioned, it’s good for those of us who don’t use PayPal. 

Helpful Links

0 Likes