cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any item

Gsg
Core Shopper

Just wanted to see ..

most of the times, I get any items to get the bonus if I didn’t find the other better deals. But most of these items won’t match with bar code, layering will submit the ticket , after couple days they added that 10 cents but I am missing the bonus as they are fixing these after the bonus date and when they add these 10 cents, they are not increasing the count. 
Anyone has same experience? 

5 Replies

Re: Any item

Lnklnk92
Deal Sharer

I have same issue.  I have noticed that anytime there a big bonus offered such as May Flowers then the issues compound.  Today I purchased. Black Forest gummy bears 4 oz at Family  Dollar.  Should have received ,25 for Black Forest and .10 for any candy.  Of course, receipt shows no item matches.  I submit a ticket and notice that my other support tickets have been merged and that they want more information.  Only problem is the information had already been submitted and that I was not notified by email that they wanted information submitted again.  I rechecked my email and the ticket was updated at 0930 this morning.  I have had tickets out for days and was expecting my money to be credited and instead they want me to resubmit the same information again.  I always have issues on the big bonuses.  You start out needing 30 items but have to purchase 45 because my items never credit correctly.  I have support tickets in for Sephora.com, ebay.com and Black Forest now.  I have also not been credited for Disney Plus subscription.  So frustrating.  Items will eventually credit but bonus usually does not get advanced.  I love Ibotta but these bugs need to be addressed and customer support needs to read emails before asking for same information over and over again. Super frustrated.  Happy Memorial Day!

0 Likes

Christie2
Rewards Guide

I had never had issues with the any item... until last night.  I bought chips and a cat treat that should have had me one away  from my MWMM. I was going to purchaced a gift card for the final item.  Neither of those items matched.  I live in a small town and all stores (being Family Dollar) were closed.  Several of my other items were still pending also.  I bought four gift cards to make sure I made it.  It's very frustrating. I know they will eventually credit my dimes, but not credit my bonuses,  which eas the entire purpose of purchasing those items. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Any items cut both ways, and this is the other side of it.

A lot of people add all the 'any' offers, and reap the benefits of 'getting lucky' when 'any shampoo' offer redeems on coffee or similar.  So remember the upside of any items.

That being said, I have always been credited when an 'any' offer did not work automatically.  And they always give credit, even if manually. for that offer.  

1) ibotta has extremely slow ticket turnaround at times

2) ibotta has a great track record of coming through if you are owed the month.

I will take slow but accurate at the end of the day.  

I realize it is a pain, but they will count it all towards bonuses.  Just keep good records and be vigilant.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

In the past if I opened a ticket on the receipt itself when they would credit back it would apply to the overall receipt and thus update the bonus count. This last one, did not. They manually added a dollar for an item that was not automatically recognized, scanned and accepted only to not appear on the final earnings amount, which is the new trend and super frustrating! That of course didn’t apply as the last item needed for my $1 bonus. They shouldn’t be allowed to just credit the amount without it applying to a specific offer on a receipt. Like you said, by the time they respond and you have 2 back-and-fourths the bonus is over a real bad user experience.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Loves2Save 

I have had this happen multiple times where it ruined bonuses

And I would say something like:

My weekend warrior bonus last weekend required I complete 15 offers.  On the last day, I still needed to complete two offers.  That night I submitted two, one of which (lily's chocolate} did not redeem properly.  I opened a ticket, and you did give me the $1 missing rebate, but it did not count as my 15th offer as it should have.  Please give me credit towards this bonus and give me the $3 bonus credit.

This has never failed me.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”