cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$$$ back > $ spent @Whole Foods

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Still in Whole Foods, basking in the glow of a minor plunder and eating the Fage (pronounced 'fah-yeh) yogurt I just bought. Anyway I spent $7.84 with $2.50 base cash back for 3 completed deals.  However I was just 3 offers away from completing my current MW2M ($3, 2 less than what I got LW, but what the hey?) AND ONE MORE needed for my Cash Back Bouquet bonus (10 buckaroos) and I was really itching  to drop the 🔨 on both at the same time. 

Remember, I spent $7.84 and at this time focused only on Ibotta (didn't try to deal stack). My cash back was $15.50 ($2.50 base + $3 MW2M + $10 C2B), I'll let you do the math.  

Anyway, whether you are just starting out, been around but haven't really gotten the hang of it, or you're a salty veteran, your one takeaway here should be that if you just focus on offers YOU KNOW YOU CAN AFFORD, you'd be surprised how far you'd go in a day (sometimes), a week, a month and a year.

6 Replies

Re: $$$$ back > $ spent @Whole Foods

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt  I love fage! Whole Foods 19 miles away. Call it whole paycheck.Their prices are high

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I hear you, I've heard the 'whole paycheck' sobriquet and really get it. I don't go there blithely and you might remember from a previous correspondence that Kroger and Walmart are my 1-2 go-to's.  However I went there hoping to plant a 🇺🇲 for the Siete brand bonus and I was eager to get a jar of Siete cashew queso - I THINK I can buy it only from WFM for the cash back offer - but they ran out today and of course it's rather expensive, basically 7 buckaroos. I COULD just get Siete tortillas and tortilla chips at Kroger and I'm rarin' to get the tortillas at Kroger this weekend, but I'm quite eager to try the cashew queso at least once

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt , it’s at Target, w $1 rebate $5.99 jar

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Icequeen813 is that an additional alternative cash back option location to Whole Foods?

On another note I was eager to give you my spiel about Fage but I ended up getting in a hurry to get somewhere else.

Anyway before I got into Ibotta and for that matter BCBAE (Before Cash Back App Era) there's a whole host of brands and product types I never heard of or never bought, and DKB and Fage are but 2 of countless brands I never heard of.

Anyway, yogurt is yogurt is yogurt, and ditto with a bunch of other things.  As far as yogurt is concerned, Brown Cow, Kite Hill and Yoplait Oui - all out of my life BCBAE  - are for me most distinctly appealing in texture and/or flavor.

However Fage yogurt may have been the single most strategically important item in my Ibotta journey because they're pretty cheap with fair and reasonable cash back amounts; I've never been required to buy 2+ units, especially just for $1 or less in cash back; and perhaps most important the offer has very been very frequent, which is a tremendous asset when there are mid and long range $10+ bonuses, as was just the case today and late last week

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Icequeen813 Holy Moses! I just clicked the Siete offer and Kroger IS an option after all

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

IMG_20210210_225356_9.jpg

IMG_20210210_225326_6.jpg

IMG_20210210_225301_7.jpg

IMG_20210210_225225_0.jpg

@Icequeen813 here are the other two items (newbies to me of course) besides the Fage I bought at Whole Foods that got me my MW2M and C2B, I decided to add boiled water to both of them and eat them because I got home rather late

0 Likes