cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to School?

JuliannaV
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What will back to school look like in your community? Leave a comment to let us know if students and teachers are headed back to the classroom, going to be doing remote learning or some combination of the two.

29 Replies

Re: Back to School?

AndasKnits
Rewards Hunter

We still don't know here! It's a month a month away and this mom of a new kindergartner is starting to get stressed about it!

Brashley444
Rewards Hunter

My sons school is allowing you to choose between one of three options:

All in School

Hybrid: half school,  half online

Virtual/online only

I chose virtual this year and will be homeschooling my pre-k kiddo as well. 

PrincessMar86
Shopper

My girls are doing online... 

Mumoffour82
Rewards Hunter

We are doing the first few months online learning and then they will re-evaluate. 

Lisalikestosave

Hot topic!!

There is everything going on in Upstate, NY. Hybrid, remote, online... and everyone wants something different. 
Children with special needs, who are homeless, who are abused, hungry, etc. need to be in school. Many families and teachers are afraid to go to school. Kids can’t lose any More educational time. Some teachers were prepared and did great with online learning, some weren’t. Some kids and families took learning seriously... some didn’t. Some areas (rural) have no internet, some people don’t have access to the internet. 
No simple answer. 
Choice for families and teachers is best, when possible!

Patience is needed by all!

hdeberry25
Rewards Hunter

They just decided that the high school kids will do an every other day thing where they do 1 day in class and 1 day at home. The rest of them will go all week. My 16 year old has special needs and this is not going to work very well. They also pushed back the date they will start. We have the option of doing everything online but my children learned at the end of last year that they don't learn that way. Unfortunately I feel it's a loose loose situation. 

Tdcurrey
Deal Sharer

We start Aug 6 back in school in person. We are a smaller private school and that gives some flexibility for class sizes, spacing, etc. My son will be a freshman and he’s ready to go back. I’ll probably make him change clothes and shower as soon as he walks in the house after school. They have implemented live streaming in the event a child has to quarantine. It will require flexibility but we love our school and support what they’re doing to make it happen. The school got hit by a tornado on March 6, so our elementary kids are going to be meeting at other buildings while elementary is rebuilt. #dcastrong

platypie9
Deal Sharer

Combo of the two, but thankfully my little one won't be of school age for awhile lol. Its so hard to see my friends who DO have to make the hard decisions whether to send their kid back or not, and the stress they are under. 

chriseliz
Shopper

I work at a school in SoCal. After originally hoping/planning for a hybrid model to start, we have had to revert to online only to start because of the recent surge. We have the hybrid model in place for when it is deemed safe enough, but families have the option to choose virtual for the whole year if they want to. 

My son is a college student at a school in MA. He will be taking his classes online at home - likely for the whole year.