cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back To the Roots Deals (without Fetch) only Ibotta BIG SCORE!!

emilyduncan5711

Original price: $150.68, OOP after all deals/discounts/coupons: $66.62. I saved $84!! 

I went to Target today and saw a display for the Back to The Roots items. There were TARGET ONLY coupons for B1G1 soils (6.99 each) and also Buy 5 seed packs (2.99 each) GET 1 Grow kit free (12.99 value)!!!

Many of the displays also had sales tags saying Buy 1 item get 1 item 50% off. This is where everything got so confusing. The items were not ringing up correctly. The cashier kept wanting me to put in my phone number for my Target Circle App  but there was not something in the app for this sales tag and I kept explaining that to her. I offered to show the lady the signs. The only thing for the BTTR items was 40% off soils which you can only do 4 times. I had 6 soils. She couldn't ever get the soils for the tag price of B1G1 50% off. So she had to manually put it in. Then the Target Circle phone number went back and made them 40% off. So I still didn't get them for the correct price. 

I was going to combine the coupon (TARGET ONLY COUPON) for the soils and get a really good deal! But they wouldn't combine because of something the cashier did when putting the prices in manually. So I am not sure what happened. 

I got the 5 seed packs and then grabbed the Self Watering Kit and got that for free!! 12.99 value! 

Ibotta has several items with cash back for the Back To The Roots items. I scored $20.75 back for Ibotta. There was a random coupon taken off that was worth $12.78 on my receipt so maybe something took off for the soils. I have no idea. 

You cannot score any credits in Fetch for these items as Target is not one of the stores for it or that would have been an even better deal! 

I am attaching a breakdown of what I bought and prices! Check it out! 

Not only did I get the Self Watering kit FREE, Ibotta also has $5.00 back for it. So it's a $5 money maker! Plus when you purchase the Self WAtering Kit there is a $5 rebate for buying a Succulent to use with the kit! So I also am getting a free plant! Here is the Rebate link for the plant: https://backtotheroots.com/pages/hydrorebate

If you purchase any BTTR kit, take a picture and post on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #growonegiveone and then you can submit to have a grow kit sent to a teacher of your choice. I AM A TEACHER!!! I sent this to myself after purchasing one for my house! Now I have one for my classroom too! Here is the rebate link: https://backtotheroots.com/pages/grow-one-give-oneScreen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.03.07 AM.png

#teacherbydaycouponerbynight
5 Replies

Re: Back To the Roots Deals (without Fetch) only Ibotta BIG SCORE!!

Francoise
Skilled Saver

Nice deals! I didn't know BTTR was still doing that give to a classroom thing free, so that's goid to know. Thanks also for the free succulent offer link!

emilyduncan5711

I didn't even know about this brand until I saw it on here and ran out to all the stores around me looking for it. I am excited about the classroom kit! I found out about it because of a paper inside one of the boxes! I love extra little surprises like that!! 

You are very welcome! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes

mickootay
Skilled Saver

@emilyduncan5711 I am so jealous of all of you who are scoring this deal! I can't wait to start all my vegetables, can't find any of the BTTR products near me. 

I am going in to town tomorrow,  and I might go check out the Target and Lowes. If I find any kit, I will gladly purchase one and tag you on Instagram! I firmly believe that every child should be sent home with a local vegetable plant and have them tend to it for a term. It would not only teach them where their healthy food came from, but it could potentially feed/supplement a small family.  Hopefully,  it would inculcate a love of growing vegetables in the future!  I think I'm rambling here, but hope you get my point 🤭!

I will message you here if I find a grow kit, and you can send me your Instagram handle if you would want me to tag you! 

emilyduncan5711

I hope you find some too! My personal kids have loved doing our garden the last few years. They are 7 and 4 this year. Big enough to help! And we have a 2 month old too. She just watches HAHA! We started our garden last night. We live in Georgia, USA. It is finally starting to get warm enough to get out there and get our hands dirty! 

My students last year learned how to grow a plant from a seed using just a ziplock, a dried lima bean seed, and a wet paper towel. It was the best experience for them. I had a few kids who's plants grew several feet tall!! 

Here's a few photos to enjoy! The 2 best plants from my students last year. I ended up bringing them home to plant in my garden because the kids kept forgetting them at school. Then I also hatched chickens in my classroom last year so a few photos from that process. How cool! Then we also did caterpillars to butterflies and tadpoles to frogs in my classroom too. I taught 2nd grade. We learn all the life cycles of frogs, butterflies, plants, and chickens. So I brought it to life for my 2nd graders! It as the best!! 

The other photo was 1 day of collecting from my garden last year at home! 

If you do find a kit and want to submit it for my classroom (I can send you all needed info on IG my handle is emilyduncan5711, you have to go to this link and submit there: https://backtotheroots.com/pages/grow-one-give-one

The 2 best plants from my students last year.The 2 best plants from my students last year.Just some of the veggies from my garden at home last year that I collected on 1 day.Just some of the veggies from my garden at home last year that I collected on 1 day.We also hatched chickens in my classroom last year. This was during the process. That dark spot is a baby chicken!We also hatched chickens in my classroom last year. This was during the process. That dark spot is a baby chicken!The start to the chickens!The start to the chickens!My babies!!!My babies!!!

mickootay
Skilled Saver

@emilyduncan5711 What you do is totally awesome! Your students are lucky to have you! I am sure tthe chick's hatching must have been a memorable experience for them!

I went to Target, Lowes, and Home Depot, only Target had a couple Raised Garden Beds at 19.99. I didn't buy any. I think my Walmart will be stocking up in a week. I will wait till then.

I will go follow you now on Instagram.  It will be my sheer pleasure to submit a kit through the link for your classroom!

Good luck with your vegetable projects this year!