cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the Roots Saturday haul (Target and Lowes)

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

7AB20B0D-9343-44AD-892F-9C3895769E8C.jpeg

Soil-free at lowes @ fetch

seed pots @ target. 4.29 - 2$ IR & 1$ fetch = 1.29

raised garden bed 19.99 - 10IR and $5 fetch = 5

(wasn’t planning to get the raised garden bed but it turns out it’s reusable and I’ve been wanting to try a small vegetable garden and read some good reviews online. If anybody has recommendations for the easiest to grow vegetables please let me know!) 

total 6.29 for about $34 worth of stuff! I love plants so this was exciting 🙂 (paid 18% of regular purchase price)

14 Replies

Re: Back to the Roots Saturday haul (Target and Lowes)

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl  My Target circle has 40% off b2r o soil expires 3/5/22.

Tags (1)

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Jensaves2Htown

I looked at that in the store, but it was a much smaller bag...I probably would have gotten it if I had a rebate to pair with it but decided wasn't worth the $$. maybe Ibotta or Fetch will offer a rebate on it this week!

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Shopgirl Since you asked 😉... I'd start with some different varieties of salad greens and broccoli. They're cold weather crops and fairly easy to grow. Once spring comes and the weather really begins to warm up I'd switch to longer term crops such as tomatoes and squash, eggplant, etc. OR... since you're using a separate raised garden bed, I'd put the longer term vegetables in the ground and use the raised bed to grow annual herbs such as cilantro, basil, and parsley. You can then reseed with fresh herbs all season, as necessary. That's my 2 cents!

mmoore01
Deal Master

I talked my wife (the gardner in the family) into getting the raised bed at Walmart.  The $10 Ibotta and $4 Fetch rebate helped.

The shelf tag said it was $19.97, but it rang up for $10.00.  It turned out a $4 moneymaker!!

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@FrancoiseThanks!!

@mmoore01That is awesome!!!! unfortunately mine definitely rang up at 19.99 🙂

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 NICE! Stuff like that always makes my day! Sad, but true 😄

0 Likes

katmandhu
Deal Sharer

Does your Target have a garden center? Ours took it out quite awhile ago and put food in. I hardly ever shop there anymore. I just realized Lowes has IR 6% and it is the season. I'm an avid gardener. I miss my veggie and herb garden I had in NY, but I've been in Florida a long time. Raised beds are the closest I can get for growing herbs down here. The easiest to grow from seed are; chives, dill, parsley, basil and thyme. If you plan on making it perennial buy a Rosemary, a good Oregano and plant your annuals around them. Thyme is a low growing perennial, so put that around the edge and train it to trail down for fresh snips and put fresh annual in next Spring. For veggies, easiest for me would be some onion sets, chives and radishes. It all depends on how many beds you want and their size. Peas and beans need something to crawl up. Squashes trail outwards, but squash is an easy one if you have room. All the best ~ Kat

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

Thanks @katmandhu @great suggestions!!! My target does have a tiny garden section although I never look in there unless it’s some special deal like this especially since Lowe’s is right next-door to target! Wow I didn’t realize the IR for Lowe’s had increased to 6%!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Shopgirl My Target is only showing the mushroom kit! You really scored!

@mmoore01 nice bargain!

0 Likes